“great as always”

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #38 of 187 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Australian
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My daughter got a great kick out of the mini shakes. Cookies and cream - and I must admit after tasting it - I wanted to return my beer and order one of those. Wife had a Sangria trio and she claims all 3 were excellent. Daughter order the petit steak and loved it. Wife ordered a steak and was equally satisfied - why I ordered a burger I may never know. Guess ill just have to go again!!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Typical Outback, good food and good service. No wait time. Nothing to really dislike. Ample parking. Clean Restrooms

Reviewed July 8, 2013

They were very busy but the service and food was great. I will return and our server went out of her way to make our meal special. Not only that the manager informed us that the appitiser was on him> Wow we were pleased we will return the next time we visit Cedar Point.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

just average ordered steaks his med well mine wel but they got them mixed up! no biggy, then busser dropped a bowl of dressing splashed on my clothes and face! offered free dry cleaning , i was wearing a tshirt, not sure if anyone gets tshirts drycleaned but i dont. a free beer or dessert would have sufficed, left the card for the drycleaning there.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were staying at the Kalahari for a few days Spring Break 2013, just the week after Easter. Sadly, my wife and kids aren't the adventurous type, so we usually end up going to chain restaurants while travelling. Not the biggest fun, but you can usually get predictable results.

We decided to go to Outback because it was about a mile from Kalahari and my daughter (a meatitarian) decided she wanted steak. The last time in town, we dined at the Cooker, but it has been replaced by a Vietnamese joint. :(

So we amble on over around 6pm on Friday to find there was a 60 minute wait. Sorry, I wouldn't wait 60 min. to see the Queen of England. Unfortunately, my wife and daughter insisted. Okay, so my wife and I settled in at the bar while the girls waited on the outside bench like sheeple.

Then, after about 10 minutes waiting my wife had an idea -- two seats opened next to us at the bar. Let's go ahead and eat at the bar! (we do this frequently at the TGI Fridays at home and NEVER wait). I checked with the bartender, and it was kosher for our teen girls to join us, so I texted for them to come in (LOVE technology). They came in, sat down, and were promptly served a soft drink. Everything going swimmingly.

So we order a bloomin' onion, get the yummy bread, and so forth. It was like having 3 servers! The two ladies and gentleman working behind the crowded bar made sure we needed nothing.

My wife ordered chicken (as usual <yawn>), the girls ordered a small sirloin each and I ordered grilled salmon (just had beef for lunch that day). Judging by their voracious appetites, everyone was satisfied. I suffered through eating my entire dinner, but the womenfolk had to get a doggie box (which they later enjoyed as a late-night snack after an evening of video arcade at the Kalahari).

Oh, I forgot to add: right after we were served salads by the food runner, the server behind the bar (Jessica?) asked if we wanted a "bar caddy." She pulled out these magnificent little mini-table like devices that straddle the curved edge of the bar so you don't have to hunch over to eat. What a marvelous idea. I'm ready to move down under if this is what it's like.

Being the skinflint that I am, I wasn't very happy with the $102 bill (including 20% gratuity that I voluntarily added) for the four of us, but that was inflated by several adult beverages my wife and I indulged in.

So, our service was superb, our food was outstanding, and our visit was very satisfying. Really not bad for a chain restaurant in a resort town. We'll visit again when we have the chance. We got in and out in about an hour instead of waiting an hour to eat.

1  Thank BuckeyeLover