“Locals need to realize this gem Exists!”

The Brick Oven Bistro
Ranked #2 of 188 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I cannot believe after living in this area for 23 years, this REAL BRICK OVEN pizzeria exists and I never knew. Believe me, THIS IS the best pizza closest in taste and baking as if I ate it in Italy, which I just came from vacation 3 weeks ago. The crust is thin and baked well done with fresh toppings. Want a specialty pizza but not getting all the toppings you wanted......no problem. They will gladly add or remove toppings as you wish.
Angela F. was our server and a true delight wanting to make our experience the best birthday lunch.We began with a side Ceasar salad and onion straws which both were very good.Italian Stallion large pizza was our main course and believe me the ham was Not a cold cut slice from the grocery store.All the toppings were fresh and evenly distributed. We had leftovers but still ordered another small pizza to go, the White Pizza for supper tonight, that we took a taste of as soon as we got home. Couldn't wait to get home to have the Birthday cheesecake. Wow......Baileys Irish Cream cheesecake also homemade and absolutely delicious!
We can't wait to try other menu items.This is now the only pizzeria we will go or take out....yes they have a take out menu. Locals must realize they have a top quality pizzaria/ bistro right in our backyard. If you plan on a trip to Cedar Point this has to be a Must to complete your stay in our neighborhood.

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

From the outside this restaurant doesn't look like much but their pizza is excellent. They have regular toppings but also offer specialty pizzas as well. The pear Gorgonzola isn't to be missed. Their mozzarella sticks are very tasty & were a hit with kids and adults. Service was pleasant & efficient - server gave helpful suggestions. The only disappointment was when my husband ordered a sandwich. He felt the price didn't match the portion size, but said the flavor was good.

1  Thank MamaSmitty
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We were pleased with the beer selection in this low-key pizza place. While I wouldn't call the pizza the best I've ever had, it was tasty and much better than chain pizza. Our server was one of the friendliest I've met in a long time, and she went out of her way to make sure we got the beer we wanted. If I ever find myself in Sandusky again, I'll be a repeat customer.

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We were in town for a trip to the local amusement park and decided to try this place for take out. We ordered the Italian Stallion pizza and it was soooo good! Best I've had in a long time!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Started with the craft beer, next a spectacular salad (the poppy seed dressing was by far the best and a must to try - all home made). Had a large pizza that was the best ever followed by three cannoli (no left overs). The service and the price was well worth the trip from Cedar Point! If you are ever in Sandusky this is a most place to stop. Family owned and operated. Stopping in on our way back home for lunch!