“Unassuming, reasonably priced, fantastic pizza”

The Brick Oven Bistro
Ranked #3 of 184 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
State College
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unassuming, reasonably priced, fantastic pizza”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I found out about this place on restaurant.com and decided it was worth checking out since we'd be in the area. Food was delicious and the price was more then reasonable (regardless of r . com)! We got brucchetta which I'd highly recommend, 4 big slices of bread with generous helping of brucchetta mix. We got the lasanga pizza which was some of the best crust I think I've ever had on a pizza. Very thin and crispy with very good cheese and sauce. We also got a Turkey sandwich which was very good. I liked the homemade chips, my wife didn't care for them. Overall this is one of the best meals I've had.

• Visited September 2013

Sodus, Michigan, United States
“Made our day perfect.”
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Wow...first word. Fantastic...second word. We hate eating at chains when on vacation. We checked out trip advisor while staying at kalahari with the kids and read other reviews and so glad we did. Everyone was super friendly. Server Ashley was great. My pear and gorgonzola pizza was outstanding. The kids loved the create your own. We love woodfire pizza and I will say this was one of the most creative menus ever. Well done. Wish we lived closer. A must stop if you are in the area. A+

“Worth a visit!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stopped here for a late lunch after visiting Castaway Bay. The food was excellent and very reasonably priced. Margarhita pizza was delicious...my husband enjoyed a pulled pork type sandwich on ciabatta bread. My son loved the chicken fingers and homemade potato chips. Also enjoyed an angry orchard ale...when we are in Sandusky we will be back! I am excited to try a different pizza each time I go!

Illinois
“Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Found this restaurant on TripAdvisor and couldn't have been more pleased! Great pizzas, lots of variety, great prices and friendly staff.

Visited August 2013
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“Slow yet amazing!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

It took a very long time for the food to arrive and we were quite apprehensive and contemplated walking out.....however the pizza was made to perfection and the portions more than adequate - one bite was enough to make us realise the wait was more than worth it. The cannoli dessert was also spot on.

They could improve ambience and appearance from outside. From outside I did not expect such great food....