“Great Fresh Food!”

Ming's Garden
Ranked #27 of 190 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We were looking for a good Asian resturant that wasn't high on price. We chose this restaurant and was greeted by a pleasent employee. After choosing from many different choices, we got great food at a great price!! The sampler platter is a great idea to try a little of everything. We definatly will be going back

Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is a family owned Chinese Restaurant that has been in business for many years. The staff who are part of the family are the nicest people you will want to meet. This is not a buffet. You order from the menu. I have yet to have a bad mean in over twenty years. Their prices are extremely reasonable. If you want a quiet dinner with fabulous staff and good food, be sure to try Ming's Garden.

1  Thank Swem8
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I came here during my 4 day visit to Cedar Point. My boyfriend and I were both hungry for Chinese food. (We are both Asian; if we don't eat rice after a few days we feel like something is missing). So I typed up best Chinese places and going through Yelp and TripAdvisor we noted that this place was highly rated. The way how I can usually tell if a place is good or not is by the simplest most common foods. So I naturally ordered General Tso's chicken because that is probably one of the most popular items that people order. I also ordered a Schezuan Chicken to test it out. I did enjoy that we got to have eggroll and crab wontons with choice of soup. The egg drop soup was made the authentic way with not a lot of food coloring and it was pretty good! I was actually surprised and looking forward to the main dish. Sadly to say the main entrees did not meet the standard for me. Both dishes tasted the same although the sauces should be COMPLETELY different! General Tso's is suppose to be a little sweet and spicy and some tang to it whereas Schezuan sauce is usually salty and spicy. They used the same kind of sauce for both. I was very disappointed. The server was very nice but the food was NOT authentic at all. Seroiusly Panda Express was better than that. I feel bad for those that think it is authentic; maybe go to Chicago and see what the real deal is....

Reviewed July 3, 2012

This restaurant is better than average but I would only classify it as "good" if that category was available.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

You'll find this Chinese eatery to be the best in the Sandusky area. Not overly spiced unless requested, the food has a fresh flavor to it. It' small footprint seems to add to the cleanliness of this establishment. The owner is always on hand as well.

1  Thank sab44870