“bad service!”

Dining options: Late Night
Pontiac, Michigan
“bad service!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

A week ago, Sunday, me & most of my co-workers went to cedar point for Halloweekend, It was quite cold, windy, and rainy that day, so we've decided to grab lunch at TGIF down the street instead of inside the park which was a big mistake! As we got there, there was no one to greet us or sat us, (we were a group of 10 people) so we all waited for a while until the hostess came up to ask if we have just came in and if we've been helped, so we simply replied "no", and so she sat us & nicely told us are waitress will be with us shortly... i will say a few minutes passed, then our waitress came to ask for our drinks without even introducing herself or greeting us, so after taking our drinks she walked away, and i understood that we were a big group for her to take a while on getting things together and from our views we didnt mind since we all work in the restaurant environment, i myself is a waitress. So as we waited, she finally came back and passed out our drinks then started to take our orders, I could tell by her attitude that she didnt want to take us as her costumers, but i simply just placed my orders and so on, so after that she went back & as we waited and waited and waited... I was starting to wonder where she went or did she forget about us? All our drinks were empty, and we were getting more hungrier as time passed. I thought maybe it was busy but as i looked around there was probably like about 7 other tables with as many servers, so that couldnt be the problem. So then a few more minutes passed and she had finally came back with our food, so as she was placing everyone's dishes down, my co-worker that was sitting across from me still had his menu in front of him, so i thought as a server, its common sense to take it back along with you, but instead she was going to place his dish right on top of the menu! i was quite disappointed! so i moved it before she placed his dish on there and handed to her but she already had turn around and left! So then i just put it aside, then my other co-workers had asked for more ketchup and tabasco sauce, which she brought back the tabasco but no ketchup and left.. so he grabbed one from another table beside us, and she still never came back to give us ketchup. Everytime she left it will take her so long to come back to check up on us, which she never did! We were out of waters and drinks, we were done with our food and needed boxes but she was no where to be found, so we waited and kept waiting until one of the guys just decided to go LOOK for her! Like seriously! He went up and asked the hostess and decided to just pay the bill up front since our waitress never came to check on us. After giving them his credit card, she brought it back for him to sign, and when i looked at it, the bill came up to be around $200! I was shocked when i saw that she had serviced charged us a 15% tip on the bill! We wouldnt have a problem paying for the service charge if she had done her job right. We would have tipped her more than what she had charged us, but instead i guess she knew no matter what she was getting money out of it even without giving us service! And she still never came to get us some boxes! We were very disappointed, we go to our local TGIF a lot and this has never happened to us before, I was starting to think it that maybe i was just to judge mental since i was a server also but my co=workers that are chefs, was very disappointed! And cannot believe how we were just abandoned! I thought maybe because we were Asians, that since the term of believing "foreigners are cheap" has gotten to them. but even so, when i get other foreign customers, even if every time they come in and leave me a cheap tip, i still give them my best service! I believe that is just my part of the job. So after seeing the SC, i wanted to talk to a manager but my co-workers didnt want to stay any longer so I decided to write her a note, and hopefully she can improve without getting her in trouble, but i was still very very furious! So we got up and started to leave, then there, we finally saw her again by the hostess station talking to the hostess, and as we walked out my co-worker handed them the check and she did not even say, "Have a nice day" or a simple Thank you, she didnt even look at us as we left. We did not leave her anymore tip on top of what she charged us nor did we get boxes from her, I am just very sad to say that, I didn't expect this bad of service coming from TGIF! We would have gave her more than 20% tip, if she have just simply did her job. I've seen rude dervers, but never have i got one that just forgot about us! No more i can say then i'm so Disappointed! I hope she will improve and realize that she did not deserve the service charged she had charged us!

• Visited October 2012

Tarentum, Pennsylvania
“Love this place”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We've eaten/drank there countless times while staying at Hotel Breakers, Sandcastle Suites, or LIghthouse Point. The view of the lake is amazing, location being just right. Yes, Prices are higher than a typical TGI Fridays, but don't forget, they're in a resort location and are only open seasonally. For 2 of us, with a nice meal and a few tall beers each, our bill is always around $100. Their tall drafts are the bast bang for the buck. We have sat in the inside dining room, outside patio, but mainly sit either at the bar, or at a table in the bar area, which is what we prefer. Good place to watch a game in the evening after escaping the crowded park, and a fun place to "people watch." Plus hey, if you get a little tipsy, you can just walk right to your hotel room.My favorite place to eat at Cedar Point
Also, if there is a long wait for a table, just walk into the bar area, and if there is a table there that is empty, use it- the tables in the bar area are self seating

• Visited June 2012
Canton, Ohio
“Wanting to Eat Without Leaving Park”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We wanted to maximize our visit to Cedar Point so we decided to eat on site at the T.G.I Fridays that's inside the Hotel Breakers. FYI: No corporate coupons are accepted, but they do accept gift cards. The kids meals are $7.99 -$9.99 for the ribs. We decided to get the kids adult size meals due to the high price. While waiting for our food which seems to take awhile maybe due to what we ordered? we drank the tap water. It was less than what I would call good. They should invest in a water purification system. Takes like poor city water. We had a Salmon dinner, Chicken Pasta, 1/2 Rack rib/6oz sirlion steak, and a Cheddar/bacon burger. All the food was excellent but we ordered the steak "medium" twice it came out "well". After the second time we complained to the manager who took the entire meal off our bill without hesitation. Overall the food was great. The service was average but the manager made things right. I would suggest not ordering a steak under the cooked level of "well" for the time being. To conclude the prices are inflated over other TGI restaurants. Our bill was $75 dollars for the mentioned food with no drinks other than water.

• Visited September 2012
Geneva, IL
“Bad dinner”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We go to a local TGIF all the time. So after a long day at Cedar Point, we walked to this TGIF for the lake view and to decompress from "amusement" mode. First of all, there was a wait, but we expected that. We finally were seated, and although our server was very polite, I felt he was a little slow or maybe new to his job. Second of all, the prices were much higher than we were used to. The food came out ok, but yes, service we felt was slow. Our drinks were slow to be refilled (now that I think about it, I'm not sure if they were). We waited for extra plates, actually never received them. Coupons weren't honored (which I guess is their descretion, but at this point our "happieness level" had dropped since arriving.)
The only nice thing about this place was the view, but we could have looked at that for free outside the restaurant. I would hate to see what the service would have been like on a Friday night! We were there on a Monday and it felt like they were overwhelmed with the crowds...maybe next time we will just stay in the park to have a nice dinner!

• Visited August 2012
midlothian va
“good place for food next to cedar point amusement park”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

the clouds started coming in so we headed to TGIF for a nice dry dinner with beer. it was busy but we found some tables. we received good service , they had a good beer selection and the burgers were just fine. they did a good job.

• Visited July 2012