“Really good but limited choices for my personal tastes”

Baci Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Baci Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 185 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Junction US250 & RT2
Description: Baci Restaurant & Bar is an Italian fine dining restaurant and nightclub located in the heart Lake Erie Shores & Islands of Sandusky, Ohio. Born & raised in Italy, Carmelo Ruta, Executive Chef, in the kitchen, Baci Restaurant & Bar combines the best of old and new world thinking, to create a wonderful full-flavored and well-rounded menu.
Madison GA
“Really good but limited choices for my personal tastes”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We had a salad and the only pasta dish with meat that we saw on the menu. Both were really good without having the overwhelming garlicky taste of some Italian restaurants. Really liked the way the salad was presented. Greens were in the center of the plate surrounded by separate piles of red onions, two cheeses, olives, halved baby tomatoes, and sliced cucumber. Nice to be able to choose exactly what I prefer on my own salad. Upon request, our server was happy to provide whatever we needed. House wine was very good.

• Visited June 2014
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Baci Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to offer such a high rating and review of your recent experience with us at Baci. It sounds as if the food, service, and ambiance were to your liking.

As we prepare all of our food from scratch and made-to-order, the menu may seem a bit thinner than what you might expect from a chain restaurant. That is true of most fine-dining establishments.

We're glad that you chose to dine with us and hope to see you back again in the near future!

Akron, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ohio Bike Weekend - dinner at hotel restaueant”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Food and service outstanding. Convenience of a nice upscale bar/restaurant to eat at on location was superb! HOWEVER, the music in the bar/restaurant for Saturday evening dinner was WAY TOO LOUD...it was hard to carry on conversation with spouse sitting right next to me. I can see turning the volume up late at night (after 10 PM) for bar crowd....but for dinner folks at 6:30-7:30-8:00, it was quite distracting (even though it was good music)...just cranked up way to LOUD !

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Elizabeth G
Thank you for taking the time to rate and review your recent dining experience with us at Baci. We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the wonderful food and service. I'm very sorry to hear that the music was turned up too loud, too early in the evening as this is not our normal routine. Your comments have been read by our management staff and we are currently working to better define when we move from "dining hours" to "nite club hours." Your comments have brought this issue to our attention and we're thankful for that.
Louisville, Kentucky
“Top Ravioli Ever”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Walking down the long hotel corridor to this restaurant with the smells of cologne, mothballs, and stale smoke reminiscent of my grandmother's home---my expectations were low. The decor left a lot to be desired, but the music was nice, and the service was excellent. The Spinach Ravioli was a spinach pasta, stuffed with fresh baby spinach....it was to die for. I also recommend the mozzarella appetizer. The cheese quality is equal to what you'd get in Italy...tell them to hold the onions on the appetizer, but the capers are a nice addition to a traditional Caprese.

1 Thank nataliebajandas
Thank you for taking the time to offer such a high rating and review of your recent dining experience with us at Baci. We really do take our business very seriously and there's a reason why we're consistently ranked the #1 restaurant on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for being our guest. We hope to see you back again in the near future!
USA
“Enjoyable meal”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I was very impressed by the four-course offerings that came with the dinner. The chef is well-trained and prepared an array of high quality selections. The dining experience seemed somewhat juxtaposed with the bar setting of the motel. While not possible, a separate dining room would heighten the experience.

• Visited May 2014
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Baci Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to offer valuable feedback on your recent dining experience with us at Baci. We're happy to hear that you were impressed with our menu selection and the quality of our food and presentation. We hope to be able to be of continued service to you in the future!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent presentation, taste and service”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I live in town and have always had great meals when we dine here. This visit was a private party for my family and I could not have asked for more! The amazing appetizers with the jumbo shrimp cocktail, bruschetta, grilled vegetables and cheeses were just the highlights. We ordered off a pre-fixed menu in which I had helped set and my whole family was very pleased with the meals and their presentation. Most us had either filet mignon or the delmonico and both were excellent. Another member of my family ordered the shrimp scampi and this was superb! I plan on going back to order this again. Kelly was our server and she was wonderful. Very nice and polite! There were 5 kids in my party as well and we kept her moving. We couldn't have asked for a better experience.

1 Thank Michael B
And we couldn't ask for a better rating, review, or recommendation! Thank you for allowing us to be of service for this special family event and for continuing to be our loyal guest. We hope to see you back many more times in the future!