“Dining Bliss”

Baci Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Baci Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 184 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Junction US250 & RT2
Description: Baci Restaurant & Bar is an Italian fine dining restaurant and nightclub located in the heart Lake Erie Shores & Islands of Sandusky, Ohio. Born & raised in Italy, Carmelo Ruta, Executive Chef, in the kitchen, Baci Restaurant & Bar combines the best of old and new world thinking, to create a wonderful full-flavored and well-rounded menu.
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
“Dining Bliss”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

A group of eight of us (age ranging from 19-73) ventured to Baci on a Saturday night to celebrate my mother's birthday, based mostly on other TripAdvisor reviews. We knew what to expect in the sense of the funky decor, and it was on point. There was low-lighting, with some interesting lava lamp-esque materials surrounded the enormous bar, and tables sparsely populated the surrounding areas. We had made our review on OpenTable, and I mentioned we wanted to pre-order dessert for my mother's birthday... little did I know what was coming next.

We entered behind the Comfort Inn (still strange to me, which is why this place is such an amazing find), and were greeted by the hostess. We were seated at our table was at the very front of the restaurant by the bar. We asked to put the Indians game on the TV at the bar, to which was quickly obliged. Good start. After sitting around for a few minutes, our server Renee appeared to take drink orders and hand out the menus. We perused the menu for a bit, and ordered a couple cocktails, including a specialty one that Renee had concocted that the ladies at the table raved about. When Renee returned to our table, she eloquently described everything that she recommended on the menu, and showed us examples of each. After a few minutes of deliberating, our party made our choices, and also ordered an appetizer or two.

Renee returned with three appetizers, compliments of the wonderful Sicilian chefs that included a delectable lobster pizza, balsamic bruschetta, and two antipasto plates that were enough to feed the whole table. And it only got better with the main course. My wife and I split the tuna that had just been flown in from Hawaii that day, as my father enjoyed the perch, my mother enjoyed the prawns, my younger brother devoured his pasta plate, and my grandpa plowed away at an enormous plate of duck.

The chef returned to check on how our meal was going, and it was safe to say that the entire group was in awe of the presentation and food. We finished the night ordering two excellent chocolate desserts (cake and canoli) that the group shared, and officially kicked in the consensus food coma.

Honestly, it doesn't get much better than this. We've taken my mother out for her birthday almost every year for the past decade, and this was, by far the best experience we've ever had. Don't be fooled by the decor or location, this is one of the greatest dining experiences I've ever had (which says a lot living in the Michael Symon Tremont area of Cleveland). Impeccable service, attentiveness, food, drinks... and all for about $25-30 per person. Divine.

Go there, now. Don't wait around.

• Visited August 2013
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Baci Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Wow--thanks for the wonderful (and very thorough!) review of your recent dining experience with us at Baci! It is true that we strive to provide the VERY best dining accommodations in all of north central Ohio--and this includes the best of service, the freshest of ingredients and food, and a wonderful ambiance to top things off. It certainly sounds as if we were successful in the case of catering to your wonderful and grateful family.

We look forward to your next visit. Believe me, it only gets better and better with each and every time you visit! :)

“Awesome”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Renee and Sue rock!!! Fabulous food and even better customer service. Thanks for a great stay and a great meal. A hidden gem

• Visited September 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write such a complimentary rating and review of your recent dining experience with us at Baci. Unparallelled customer service and quality of food our certainly our number one goal and it seems like we (Renee and Sue at least) hit the target in your case.

We hope to see you back again soon and can't wait to be of service to you again and again!
Mansfield, Ohio, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Great Birthday Celebration”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

On Sept. 5th we celebrated 234 years of births (3 birthdays). The cooperation of staff in setting it up was wonderful. The dinners we chose were all so good, rack of lamb, lobster,fresh sea scallops and Lake Erie perch. Renee, Sue were so helpful in describing the dinners which included potato and vegetable. The presentation was top notch, as well as the taste! Vinnie was an excellent at the bar, keeping us all happy. Baci surprised us with starters, and tiramisu! Sue and Renee helped with group pictures so we'll always remember our great night at BACI.........and the lost camera was found!!!

• Visited September 2013
We're SO happy to hear that we were able to be a part of a wonderfully successful celebration of three birthdays! It was truly our pleasure to even play a small role in your celebration and we hope that this is just the beginning of your celebrating many more milestones with us. It would be our pleasure to have you back again and again!!

Thank you for taking the time to let us, and others, know about the wonderful dining experience you had with us at Baci. Hurry back soon!
Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“How Did Baci get #1”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We had reservations at 7:00 on a Fri night. Arrived at exactly 7:00. Waited at the hostess desk for at least 5 min. There was no one in the restaurant, I mean no one. We walked around the area, no one. About the time we were ready to walk out, a guy came out and seated us directly under a speaker blaring Italian music. We sat there for another 5 minutes with no one even acknowledging our presence. The center piece of the restaurant is a huge bar in the center of the room. I can not comment on the food because we left. How this restaurant is rated the #1 in Sandusky is beyond my comprehension. And quiet frankly calls into question the validity of the Trip Advisor rating.

Visited September 2013
I am very sorry that you had a less than stellar experience at Baci. 7pm is relatively early for us so it might be that we were still preparing the restaurant for the evening. That's not an excuse--because everyone should be greeted promptly when coming into our establishment--just a possible reason for your wait. I am absolutely positive if you would have chose to stay for dinner, you'd understand why we're consistently ranked the #1 restaurant in all of north central Ohio. It's really the combination of our award-winning entrees, the ambiance, and the outstanding service that we provide to our customers.

Of course, from time to time, there are lapses in even the best of plans and it seems like you were the unfortunate group to have to experience this. For this, again, I'm very sorry. I hope that you truly treat this as an isolated incident and come back and let us try to make it up to you. I have the utmost confidence that you'd be more than pleasantly surprised!
Norwalk, OH
“Pamper Yourself!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I've been to eat here half a dozen times because it's more of an exceptional dining experience than eating out! With seafood catches of the day being flown in daily, I never worry about getting old, fishy tasting entrees. Hopefully, you're able to get "Molly" to wait on you as she's so attentive and helpful. She suggested I try their jumbo scampi and scallops dinner...WOW!! Glad I did. Since fresh bruschetta is made each evening, take your time sampling it over their warm crusty bread while sipping a house wine. Molly made us a savory sampling of port wine cheese, Italian sliced meats and gourmet olives to enjoy as well. Great service, extremely fresh food & a fun environment......leave the kids at home & pamper yourself!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank geretma
Wow--what a wonderfully thorough (and complimentary!) review of your recent dining experience at Baci. We thank you for being a loyal guest of ours and we hope you continue the tradition of "pampering yourselves" with our unmatched cuisine, friendly staff, and uncompromising ambiance. Hurry back--we can't wait to be of service to you soon!