“Always an excellent time at Baci”

Baci Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Baci Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 187 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Junction US250 & RT2
Description: Baci Restaurant & Bar is an Italian fine dining restaurant and nightclub located in the heart Lake Erie Shores & Islands of Sandusky, Ohio. Born & raised in Italy, Carmelo Ruta, Executive Chef, in the kitchen, Baci Restaurant & Bar combines the best of old and new world thinking, to create a wonderful full-flavored and well-rounded menu.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Always great food and atmosphere at Baci Club! Excellent authentic Italian dishes and the evening entertainment on a Sat night had many out on the dance floor!

ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Baci Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

We're very glad to hear that you've enjoyed your experience at Baci. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Tom D. from Canada,
Occasionally, a dining experience surpasses expectations - Baci delivered. For out of town visitors to the area, the combination of a budget chain hotel, a night club and an Italian restaurant seemed unusual to say the least; however, the atmosphere was warm and inviting for a cold January evening. More importantly, our server immediately established a sense that she was proud of her work and the dining experience that she was accustomed to providing. A nice touch was the complimentary Tuscan styled appetizers and light crusty bread, brought to our table within minutes. I ordered lightly battered lake perch and my partner opted for the fresh catch of the day - brazed Tuna from Hawaii sliced sashimi-style and rimmed with black pepper. Our iced teas were presented in well-iced stemmed water glasses and refilled promptly with fresh lemon wedges - a refreshing change from the standard plastic supersizer tumblers. White cotton table clothes, serviettes, and full course utensils suggest attention to detail overlooked in many restaurants designed for efficiency over dining experience. Baci's knows the meaning of value - I don't mind paying fair price for excellent quality and preparation - both of our meals offered both - the value was only enhanced by the unexpected proportions of fish - I had enough perch for lunch the next day. Although I was not charmed by the ornate decor of this restaurant, the booths provided a nice level of privacy and comfort. I would advise arriving early for dinner, ahead of night club patrons. However, I would have enjoyed this meal at the edge of a raging disco floor. I would certainly visit Baci again because pleasant surprises make for lasting memories.

Surpassing expectations is EXACTLY what we're all about at Baci and it's GREAT to hear that we met our goal with you and your family/friends! We truly are about offering our guests a dining experience like they've never known before. We're SO much more than just simply serving food--we're about providing an unparalleled dining experience! It sounds as if we were able to achieve that goal in your case.

I also want to thank you for offering such a thorough and detailed review of your experience. It really lets us know what we're doing right and it allows others who might be thinking about trying us out to make a really well-informed decision.

As you've said that you will be back again, we can't wait to be of service to you in the future!!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Me and my boyfriend eat at Baci often. They have the best brushetta I've ever had and I love their lobster raviois. My boyfriend loves their Veal chop Parmesean. You get alot of food for the money and the service is fantastic. We had a waitress named Renee last week and she was very attentive and knew alot about the menu for being a new employee and we have a waiter named Anthony a few times who is very friendly and knowlegdable. I would recommend eating their to anyone visiting the area. The atmosphere is buisness/casual and the booths offer alot of privacy. I love the decor there. We have never ate their after 8 pm when the nite club starts up so if your looking for a relaxing experience with great food and staff this is the place to eat.

Thank you for your very thorough and complimentary review of your recent dining experience at Baci! It's GREAT to hear that you're a repeat customer--that must mean we're doing a lot of things right :) We will be sure to pass on your compliments to Renee and Anthony--we LOVE when our staff get good reviews and know that this is a reflection of the passion, time, and energy we put into training and developing our outstanding staff!

Thanks again for your contributions. We can't wait to see you again very soon!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

It is hard to tell what the place would have been like if it was busy, but just had drinks they were good. Fun times

I can tell you that we are definitely busier during the summer months, but one thing that doesn't change is the quality of our food, the close attention to detail, and the unparalleled service we offer to all of our guests.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience and invite you to come back and join us for dinner next time. We KNOW you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are from the area and just heard about Baci from TripAdvisor. The food was amazing; as was our service! We enjoyed the rack of lamb, steak, salads, and tiramisu! The antipasta plate alone was worth the trip!!!

Thanks for taking the time to rate and review your recent dining experience at Baci. I'm particularly happy to hear that so many local folks are finding out about our #1-rated restaurant and that so many people seem to be enjoying their experiences. We truly want anyone who comes to Baci to have a complete "dining experience" and not simply just a meal. It seems as if met this goal with you!

Thank you again for contributing your feedback. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!