“Primo Italiano in Sandusky, OH!!! It's true!”

Baci Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Baci Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 180 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Junction US250 & RT2
Description: Baci Restaurant & Bar is an Italian fine dining restaurant and nightclub located in the heart Lake Erie Shores & Islands of Sandusky, Ohio. Born & raised in Italy, Carmelo Ruta, Executive Chef, in the kitchen, Baci Restaurant & Bar combines the best of old and new world thinking, to create a wonderful full-flavored and well-rounded menu.
Toledo, Ohio
“Primo Italiano in Sandusky, OH!!! It's true!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I was in Italy recently on business and ate wonderful local food in Cannero Riviera, Santa Margherita, Portofino, Pisa, Ancona, Rimini, and Milan. I can honestly say, the best Italian food I have ever eaten was at the Baci Restaurant! And to think I could have just driven an hour from Toledo. You really feel like you are in Italy as well with the décor and the Italian owners on-site. Antipasta, pasta, salad, imported cheeses & meats, etc. I had an amazing seafood mixed grill of langostino, diver scallops and swordfish and my better-half loved her Milano-style veal chop. The prices and service are great and the ambiance is very romantic. And I can't believe it's inside a Comfort Inn hotel! I learned later that Baci's is rated the #2 restaurant in Sandusky...look out #1, you're going to be moving down the bench. Don't miss this place!

Visited December 2012
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Baci Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you, very much, for your thorough and complimentary review of your dining experience at Baci! I'm happy to inform you that we've recently moved to the #1-ranked restaurant in Sandusky...so kudos to you for your insightful prediction :) Truthfully, thank you for letting us serve you; we look forward to being able to do so many more times in the future!

Washington, Pennsylvania
“Impeccable Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Are you looking to treating the one you love to a great dinner? Try this place. Baci is a fantastic place to eat. The food is impeccable as well as the service. You won't be displeased by what you get. I took my girlfriend as I wanted to treat her to a nice night out. We started off with the Mozzarella Caprese, followed by our Salads. Both were fantastic. My girlfriend ordered the scallops which she said were fantastic and quite possibly the best she's ever ate. I myself had the Delmonico Steak, which was cooked perfectly and had pretty good flavor. The russet red potatoes and asparagus were a great addition to the meal, which were cooked perfectly. This is definitely must if your looking for a nice night out!

Visited January 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write such a thorough and complimentary review of your experience at Baci. It's great to know that we continue to satisfy our customers and that people truly enjoy their dining experience when they "join our family" for dinner! We look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Huron, Ohio, United States
“Great Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Service was fantastic, food was fantastic, this was way more than a great meal, it was an experience. There were 12 of us at the table, everyone said the same thing, we need to come back soon. Thanks to our great servers and everyone who made this happen at Baci.

• Visited January 2013
Thanks for your "over the top" review of your recent experience at Baci. We don't take lightly that we're now the #1-ranked dining location in the Sandusky-area and continue to do everything possible to retain this coveted ranking. It's comments such as yours that let us know what we're doing right--and we also welcome any constructive criticism or feedback that will help us become even better.

We look forward to being able to serve you again very soon!
“Shocker!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Even after I read all the positive review on TA I still was not convinced this restaurant would deliver. After eating in Little Italy in NYC the previous two nights I was less than excited to be eating at Baci "niteclub". ( don't let the niteclub in the name fool you, they have dancing after dinner hours)

Little did i know we were in for an unexpected five course fine dining experience! We ate at the bar due to the urging of the super friendly and knowledgeable bartender. The meal we had was so delicious! We had the lamb chops and filet with tiramisu for desert.

Make sure you pay the extra $5 each to do it "the old fashioned way" which turns your meal into a 5 course experience.

#1 Fresh bread with Bruschetta topping and butter
#2 meat, cheese, fig and olive platter
#3 incredible house salad
#4 homemade pasta appetizer
#5 entree
#6 tiramisu
#7 lemoncilo

We were more than pleased with the meal and the service and could not believe we got out of there for under $90 when we were drinking crown royal black and good wine.

I can't wait to go back with friends!

ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Baci Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
We really appreciate the time and effort you took into providing such a thorough and detailed review of your recent dining experience at Baci. We pride ourselves on being THE best restaurant in north-central Ohio and by the sound of your review, we've achieved that goal. I'm also very pleased to hear that our staff was attentive to your needs and helpful in making your meal choices. We can't wait to welcome you back (with your friends, of course) really soon!!
Southbury, Connecticut
“Eat Here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

This review pertains to the 'fine dining' offerings: I ate here based on reviews and location. I must admit, I would never have tried it had I not read such good things about this place. The term "night club" would have caused me to over-look this gem! The food and service are excellent. The menu offered a variety of meat and pasta dishes. Appetizers and salads are limited, however, they serve a perfectly balanced tomato bruchetta with every meal (not too much garlic). The bread is brushed with herbs and spices (very lightly) and is served warm. They also serve a dinner salad with the meal: romaine lettuce, olives, cheeses, thinly sliced meat, figs. It was fresh and delicious. I ordered the filet mignon. It came served on a bed of oven roasted, seasoned potatoes and a side of asparagus. The plate was drizzled with delicious sauces - just enough to give you the flavor, but not so much that it ruined the dish. The flavor was outstanding. I followed my meal with the tiramisu and a cup of decaf, which they brewed fresh when I ordered it. Both were very good. The restaurant offeres booth, bar or table service and looked like it could easily accommodate large parties. It provides a low-light, white table cloth type of setting, with a beachy feel (mural/plants). Very comfortable. Give this place a try. I will eat here again next time I am in the area.

• Visited December 2012
Thank you, very much, for your outstanding and thorough review (and pictures too!) of your recent dining experience at our dining facility. The detail that you provided is amazing and will undoubtedly help others make the right decision to try us out. I'm glad to hear that you'll be back--we hope you become a regular as much as your travel plans allow! Thanks again!

Been to Baci Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!