“Bad food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed January 28, 2013

It used to be great....I loved the tacos and the tamales. This last visit will be my last. The tamales were frozen, and shamefully, tasted freezer burned and were not heated through, with little ice crystals here and there. The taco shells were on the stale side, too.

Beautiful setting. Very clean. Great service. Terrible food!

Original M, Manager at The Original Margaritaville, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Appreciate the completments on the service, view etc...but we weren't open in December 2012. We closed the first week in October 2012 for the season. Opened back up April 1, 2013. Not sure where they eat but, I can tell you it wasn't at margaritaville in Sandusky, Ohio

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I' m not the only one writes about the restaurant. The real Margaritaville is 1668 miles from Detroit. Your sister and me ate there many times before we did line of the best its like pure white snow. Ask her? Jimmy B. said no to Margaritaville. Did you have to spend some money for a lawyer.Did you tell the insurance co. it was mice with matches when it burned don't worry just sell more of my stuff. 9 days till Christmass no ladies dancing...

Reviewed August 30, 2012

The atmosphere was our main reason for stopping! However, that's pretty much the only good aspect of this place! The food is mediocre, bland and not worth chewing! No one in my party cared for their entree's. I would compare the enchiladas ground beef to canned Hormel chilli. I could have had a good steak dinner for the same price! On top of it all, the food was only lukewarm! I am normally not one to complain, however I hate to see other newbies waste their money!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Five of us ate at Margaritaville tonight and it was the worst experience that I have ever had at any restaurant-ever. Service was terrible and it wasn't even busy. The food was mediocre, nothing to brag about. We had to continually ask our server for things she would forget to bring us. They ran out of Spanish rice and guacamole. And to top it off, there was food everywhere on the dining room floor. The whole time we were there the servers walked over a napkin on the floor and wouldn't pick it up. To top things off we talked to the owner about our experience and he more or less said that he didn't care. He seems more interested in the outside bar than the restaurant.This used to be one of my favorite places to go and get Mexican food but I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

2  Thank NikkiH53
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We dared to stop again since the outter area seemed to be so much more spruced up. The salsa and chips were still good. The lunch was way less impressive, despite the wonderful view of the water rushing by. Our food was cold and tasteless, perhaps we should have stayed with the Mexican side of the menu, after all, that is what they are famous for. Great ambiance, Stick with the Mexican and Margaritas!

1  Thank watersedg123