“Good food, fast service for takeout”

Chet & Matt's Pizza
Ranked #4 of 184 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Gatineau, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, fast service for takeout”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Very good pizza. The veggie lovers enjoyed theirs as much as the "all dressed" folks. Not cheap but a good meal as opposed to some of the chains.

Visited July 2014

Detroit, Michigan
“Went out of their way to make my daughters birthday awesome”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Drove 20 minutes from where we were staying to try this place out - and are so happy we did.

We ended up eating the pizza/wing/salad buffet. It was delicious!
The pizza was fresh and there are so many options. The salad bar was fresh and the wings are some of the best we have ever eaten.

Toward the end of our meal I asked our waitress if they did anything special for birthdays and she said no, but would figure something out. A few minutes later she came out with an ice cream bar for the birthday girl and even one for her little brother. Not long after that the entire restaurant sang her Happy Birthday. How cool is that?!

Shortly after, Chet came to our table to wish our daughter happy birthday and to ask where we were from etc...He even gave us some tips on visiting Put In Bay. Don't think we have ever been greeted by the owner of a restaurant before. Definitely gives you a feeling that they really DO care.

If you are in the area, you need to check this place out. Food is outstanding, service is stellar.
We might just have to take another trip to Ohio just to eat at this place!

• Visited July 2014
Sandy Spring, Maryland
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Every year we visit Cedar Point we make it a point to come here. The lunch buffet is great with many pizza options. We had a party of 5 and the bill was under $30. Will return in 2015. Keep up the good work Chet & Matt.

Visited June 2014
Citrus Hills, Florida
“Best pizza I have ever had!”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

My late husband, who grew up in the area, used to rave about Chet & Matt's pizza. On my first visit to Sandusky in July with my daughter to visit her grandparents they took us here for dinner and the pizza was awesome, best I have ever had! Great service too. You have to try it.

Visited July 2014
Woodstock
“Great local flavour, friendly owners”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We stopped here for dinner while staying in Sandusky to go to Cedar Point as we like to try local independent restaurants whenever possible. After we were given our table one of the owners immediately came to us and introduced himself and asked where we were from. He then asked how we found the place and of course I told him we found it on Tripadvisor. He talked to us for a short while and then thanked us fro coming in.
The interior has a sporty décor with athletic jerseys and gear hanging on the wall. They take pride in their local teams as they had jerseys and pictures of teams form the local high schools as well.
They have some very interesting choices in their speciality pizzas such as Chilli Cheese Fry, Taco pizza (my wife had this and it was tasty), Mac and Cheese and others. i had the pizza buffet which for $10 included all you could eat pizza, dessert pizza , wings , salad and no alcoholic drink. Different pizzas were constantly coming out and I was able to try many different types. There was 6 different kinds of wing which were all good, and the dessert pizza I had were very good. I definitely got my fill for $10.
If you want to try something different than the usual chain restaurants at a reasonable prices you cant go wrong with Chet & Matts.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Mike M

Been to Chet & Matt's Pizza? Share your experiences!