“Retirement Dog” 3 of 5 bubbles

Hot Dog Tony's
Ranked #50 of 180 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Catawba Island
“Retirement Dog”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stopped in for a late lunch after wife's last day of school after 30 years. It wasn't that busy and the city had the street blocked off getting ready for Ohio Bike Week so there was buzz happening around. I had a dog and she had a burger. I thought it very good, she thought just OK. The best was the draught craft beer! We'll be back!

• Visited June 2013

Bellevue, ohio
“Not sure how this place is still open!?!?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Had heard good things, but had a terrible experience. They were out of the Guinness Brat, so I asked for the regular Brat, they were out of that too! The breaded asparagus was stringing and not very good. The dog was average at best. The worst part was the service. The bartender was drinking, along with what I believe to be the owner(s) and not taking care of the 4 people sitting at the bar. I might give it another try only because everyone i've talked to said it was good, but its hard to go back to such a terrible experience. Oh, and the prices are stupid for what you get!

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank scott w
Castalia, Ohio, United States
“Worst dog I've ever had”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

We went to Hot Dog Tony's right after it opened. We won't go back. I ordered a hot dog that was topped with potatoes and other toppings along with fries. After a half hour wait (we were the only ones there) we finally got our food. The potatoes topping my hot dog were still raw! The waiter never came back so I couldn't even complain. I picked them off and ate the hot dog. The fries were cold, too. We're local and we won't bother with Hot Dog Tony's again.

1 Thank Mellissa S
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We came in for a late dinner on Wednesday night. Our group of 3 adults and 4 kids were greeted warmly. Our waiter Kevin was awesome and gave the kids personal attention and the adults great menu advice and service. We all loved our food and the prices were reasonable. (Complete typical kids meals for $2.99 with a beverage.) I wish I lived closer to explore their menu more! Service was fast, food was hot and the drinks were cold! Don't miss this gem!

• Visited April 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gotta try it!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

This is a little of a drive to get here from Marblehead, but it brings you back in time. The food was awesome, great beer selection. Nice to see a great place in an old downtown area

Visited September 2012