“Authentic and delicious and served by genuinely nice and caring staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mekong Authentic Vietnamese Cuisine

Mekong Authentic Vietnamese Cuisine
Ranked #11 of 180 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Authentic and delicious and served by genuinely nice and caring staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I stopped in to pick up food to go. The man "owner"? at the door treated me very well and we had pleasant conversation. I ordered 2 types of Pho and a wide noodle that he recommended. Everything tasted delicious and the preparation to ensure that my take out food would taste as it is supposed to was appreciated. As I waited for the "to go" food I ordered a hot and sour soup which I really liked and I was given on the house a shrimp pork fresh roll that I would order again. Well worth a visit. There was an impressive beer selection that I noticed.

Granger, Indiana
“YUM YUM YUM!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stumbled upon this place last year on our first trip to Cedar Point. It had just opened and I LOVE Vietnamese Cuisine. It was so good that we ate there all 3 days of our trip. We went again at the end of summer and went there to eat and each time it has not failed us! I just went there yesterday for our Cedar Point trip this year and it was still good! Great to know that even after a year it still is that good! The pho is amazing; the broth was flavorful better than what I've had Chicago. Their noodle bowl was amazing as well. All the meat was grilled well and seasoned to perfection. Seriously if this place was near my house I would be broke from eating there every day ahha!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Cleveland, Ohio, Usa
“Our Go-To Vietnamese”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

The one thing my husband and I miss about living in major cities is the variety of restaurants. We were making the hour drive into Cleveland to get Vietnamese, so you can imagine how excited we were when saw that Mekong was opening. We were also really skeptical as it located among the crowded shopping centers and chain restaurants and we didn't expect anything decent to be there. What a surprise we got! Mekong is excellent. We find ourselves there 2-3 times a month. It is one of our favorite go-to restaurants. The pho is wonderful. I find it hard to order anything else, I like it that much. Of course all the non-pho dishes have been good too, but pho! Why would you eat anything else if you can have pho?
They have a big selection of beer and some wines. Mekong is always packed, but we've rarely had to wait longer than 10 minutes to get a table. Definitely check them out.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
pittsburgh pa
“great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

We were going to eat at Steak and Shake for lunch after arriving in Sandusky for our Cedar Point vacation and it was a long wait so we went to next plaza.We pulled in the parking lot and there was Chipotle Mexican and this place. We were standing taking votes on which to eat at a gentleman coming out of Mekong recommended it so we took a chance. We ordered 3 bowls of pho and a pork noodle dish and everything was very different and interesting and beer selection was large. Food was delicious and beer ice cold. We will return when visiting Cedar Point.

Washington DC
“Unexpected Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

The strip in Sandusky is crowded with national chain restaurants, so it was an unexpected pleasure to find an authentic local Vietnamese restaurant. We live in the Washington DC area which has a large Vietnamese population and more than its share of good Vietnamese restaurants. Mekong more than holds its own compared to any of these. Also, the beer selection is incredible, especially the selection of craft beers on draft. Service is very attentive.

Visited August 2013