“worth the trip”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I read about Mekong and the food was great. There were 5 people in our party and everyone enjoyed their meal. Very causal but clean. My only complaint was the service was a little slow. But they were pretty busy. The waiter was very freindly and helpful. I'd go back again for sure.Huge beer selection.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Who would have thought that Sandusky would have an excellent Vietnamese restaurant? Not me. Mekong was a nice surprise. Food was delicious - sure beats eating at some boring chain restaurant.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is the best restaurant addition to this area in many years. It's about time we had some Asian food that tastes good! I hate to rave too much..because I'd like to keep the tourists away this summer...so us locals don't have to wait for a table. My family either eats in or orders take out from here about once a week. Everything is excellent! You cannot make a bad choice! There are many non meat options and the kitchen will modify for you if you just ask. Friendly service...and hopefully some outdoor seating in the warm weather!! It is delish!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This restaurant is fantastic! The cuisine is interesting and delicious. There is nothing like it in the area. The service is excellent and the owners are always on site and willing to make recommendations. They are also noted for their beer selection. There are beers from all over the world. They don't do a lot of advertising, but when they treat you like old friends, they don't have to.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The menu is extensive. Everything I've tried has been excellent. I'll have to admit, though, I went there for the beer. A continual changing list of hard to get drafts. My favorite is the list of IPA's and belgian beers.