“Great pho”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
USA
“Great pho”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I tried chicken pho there and I was quite happy with my choice. The soup had a lot of flavor, it comes with fresh greens and sauces. Noodles were good too. The bowl of soup was huge and cost $7.95.
They also have a great beer selection - over 100 beers. It is worth to check it out.

Ohio
“Great Vietnamese food!”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We had an excellent meal @ the Mekong. All of the food was made with fresh ingredients & very tasty. There were five of us & our meal was around $55 before tip. I didn't find the prices to be any higher than other sit down restaurants in the area. Our waiter was Vietnamese. He was rather quiet, but I find that to be the case in most authentic restaurants, including Chinese & Mexican, were the waiter is from another country. We did have a person in our party that spoke Vietnamese & the waiter was very talkative with her. I really have no complaints on our first visit to this restaurant. We will go again!

Vermilion, Ohio
“I guess they can afford to be surly as they serve the best Viet Namese food for miles around.”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The dishes and soups I've had for lunch are very good, very fresh tasting, and the amount and speed of service quite adequate. The prices seem a bit high. I will pay the price and tolerate the lack of pleasantness periodically when in the area and have a yen, but now only to go. Too bad, as it is nicely done restaurant, would have liked to see them make a go of it.

Huron
“Fresh ingredients make the meal!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Very good food, and very fresh ingredients. Love that they use the herbs and leaves of fresh plantings. The personality of the owner is different, but give them a chance. Make conversation.

• Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Less than mediocre service was not impressive nor was the food”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I went with a friend on November 23 around 2pm. When we first sat down this girl came over and dropped off empty glasses without saying anything then came by and filled them with water without saying anything...no greeting it was just awkward. Then we noticed there were weird black specs floating in both of the waters. I ordered a sprite with no ice just to be safe.

We ordered an appetizer of fried pork dumplings. The wrapping on the dumplings was crisping off because it was overfried. Also the wrapping has a spongy texture like a crepe ...also just weird to eat .

I got a noodle soup. It really wasn't terrible.. nothing amazing. The wonton noodles were weird and slimey so I just set those aside. I ate less then half and decided it wasn't even worth carrying home.

My friend wasn't really impressed by her meal either. the spring roll she got tasted like an onion ring...most likely due to old fry oil.

Not impressed. Will not go back.

1 Thank lakerieishome

Been to Mekong Authentic Vietnamese Cuisine? Share your experiences!