“Good Spot for Dessert”

Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #27 of 192 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This is a pretty good spot to grab a basic meal (based on my experience with Perkins) but a very good spot to get a dessert or a treat. I have been to several Perkins in the past and some are better than others. The highlight of the Perkins franchise for me has always been their baked goods. We were not hungry for dinner yet on this occasion but we were in the mood for a treat. This location in front of Meijer was convenient so we decided this was our stop. It was 4 PM so it was not busy. The interior was of decent size and clean (an issue with some Perkins). We were seated right away and the server, Destiny, attended to us rather quickly. She provided excellent service with a very pleasant smile during our time there. We had the peanut butter chocolate muffin, which was absolutely wonderful. My daughter and her boyfriend had the peanut butter chocolate cake/pie hybrid which looked terrific (and they affirmed that it was). The prices were not bad as we got out for about $20 with drinks and tip. If you are in the mood for a nice bakery treat, this is a good place to try though keep in mind that it closes at 7:30 PM (8:30 Fri-Sat) according to the posted hours. I thought this was strange hours given that many Perkins to which I have been in the past have been open 24 hours or at least until the wee hours of the morning.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

coffee was good, but that was about it. We went during the week and were practically the only customers there and now I know why. My burger was very average but overpriced. The wife ordered Eggs Benedict which is supposed to be poached eggs on Canadian Bacon on an English muffin with hollandaise sauce on top...she got eggs over hard on cold ham. We waited for 10 minutes before the waitress returned to send it back to the kitchen. 18 minutes later she got a new version of the order, but still made wrong. I make this at home and it only takes 4 minutes to make. Maybe the night cook doesn't know how to poach an egg? Anyways, no apology, no visit from the manager, won'r see us again

Reviewed October 29, 2013

There was five of us early Sunday afternoon and we had to wait a very long time for our food. When it came out, they forgot to bring me my omelette and the server said it would be right out ... ten minutes later it finally arrives after the rest of my party had finished eating. No apologies from the server, female manager that we saw working didn't bother to come over. For someone who has worked in a restaurant for nearly 8 years this is clearly not acceptable and we won't be back to Perkins, if only the Bob Evans up the street didn't have such a long wait ...

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Got to restaurant, waited 5 minutes then had to go into kitchen to find someone to serve us. Table and silverware was dirty. Regular coke tasted like diet even after having it replaced. Server was nice but food was marginal at best. I do not recommend.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I had lunch here with some of my associates during a business trip. I ordered the meatloaf meal, unaware that they made the meat loaf with green bell peppers. I really hate green bell peppers, because their flavor overpowers everything else and you cannot taste anything else. I also think the prices are high for the amount of food you receive and would decline to dine here in the future.