“It's serves its purpose well”

Maui Sands Resort & Indoor Waterpark
Ranked #23 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Burr Ridge
“It's serves its purpose well”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I assume 99.9% of the people that stay here are visiting Cedar Pointe, as I was. So with that, I write this review.

We had a room with a queen bed and two sets of bunk beds. So, as you wake up, head out to the park, come back and crash.... it's great. The fact you can get your entire family in one room, no roll aways nice. Honestly, there isn't much room for walking around, watching TV, but again, for what we needed it was great.

They told us there was free breakfast. Each morning it was a bit different. First day, the food they had, such as eggs, were cold. The second day they just had a continental breakfast. The third and final day they had a great breakfast with eggs and other items (and they were warm). But again, considering the low cost of the room, I wasn't going to complain.

We received complimentary passes to the water park. Not much of an indoor park, almost totally geared to kids, but it was nice to relax a bit and my kids did have a blast. Not sure if it would be worth it if I had to pay for it, but.....

There are a ton of restaurants within a short distance of the park, and less than 10 minutes to the park itself. It's not the Ritz, it isn't a Marriott, but it's a very good price for what we needed.

Room Tip: If you plan to use the water park often, ask for a room near by. Also, in the area of the hotel I w...
1 Thank Tom O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
Saginaw, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I got a great deal on priceline.com. I took my 16 year old son to Cedar Point by myself and wanted a decent hotel. This was much more than just "decent". We had a family room - 1 king size bed (in a separate bedroom, with a sliding door) and 2 sets of bunk beds. The room was very nice. The breakfast in the morning was eggs, bisquits and gravy, sausage, potatoes, and pancakes. Muffins, mini bagels, yogurt, strawberries, and cereal was also available. OJ and coffee to drink.

Room Tip: Juice/coffee, and bagels, yogurt, etc are in separate areas. I found the juice just because I could...
1 Thank momofASK
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is my second stay and it was better than last time, as this time My family enjoyed indoor water park too. Excellent room service, all staff are friendly. Great stay at reasonable price. Definitely recommend to friend and family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Yogeshwari P
Spencer, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Wonderful place to stay, very child friendly, friendly and helpful staff, my kids loved the water park it kept them very entertained, breakfast was a hit. Close to shopping and cedar point, clean and spacious rooms, we will defiantly come back , we have three young children and it was very easy to keep up with them, my 3 month old loved the temperature controlled water she fell asleep every time.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Very relaxing stay, and our 2 year old and 4 year old loved the waterpark. The hot breakfast offered had great options and the kids kept asking to go back for more. Very friendly and welcoming interactions with housekeeping staff, lifeguards, front desk and food services.

• Stayed July 2013
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

My four grandsons ages 2 thru 10 along with my son and daughter-in-law spent four nights with me to celebrate my birthday...we checked in on July 10th into the two-bedroom suite on the second floor....we had a wonderful visit! Staff at front desk very attentive to all needs....refrigerator needed defrosting, so they just brought a new one up to room....we did have to ask for extra pillows and towels, but they arrived promptly....room very clean and view from bedroom windows was the indoor waterpark....kids loved the waterpark bathrooms and changing rooms very clean within the park, small towels available. After trips to the amusement parks the kids enjoyed utilizing the waterpark....life guards friendly. Breakfast buffet good and was included in our waterpark package rate, nothing spectacular but good enough to get our day started...scrambled eggs sausage pancakes biscuits gravy cereal muffins OJ/ coffee...I asked if they could get me a cake to celebrate with the boys, and on my birthday it arrived...a lovely delicious red velvet cake with Happy Birthday written on it....Overall it was an excellent stay, my only suggestion would be to put directions on how to adjust temperature on air conditioners in the bedrooms and a sign above the enrtrance would be nice.... The indoor waterpark is not as large as the others in Sandusky, but just big enough to keep those boys happy..BIG SHOUTOUT to Maui Sands Resort you met my expectations and we all had a wonderful time and thank you for the Birthday cake......

Room Tip: ask for room in the main building as the older pre-existing hotel rooms are under renovation
1 Thank ginibeenie
Clarksville, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is the best resort by far in sandusky, OH. Their prices are very reasonable and its very clean. Their staff are there to assist you with any problems. Its located right next to the cedar point so its very convenient if you are planning to visit cedar point.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends