“filthy/disgusting/stinks/read before you check in.”

Best Budget Inn Sandusky
Ranked #33 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Dayton, Ohio
“filthy/disgusting/stinks/read before you check in.”
Reviewed August 8, 2010

We were in a hurry to get to cedar point and the first two places were sold out so i went into the Best Budget Inn. when we returned that evening the parking lot smelled of a closed down seafood place from the overflowing dumster and trash around the outside of it. we went into our room which smelled only slightly better . my wife went into the bathrrom and the toilet was unflushed with waste still in it. there were burn marks all over the tub and the bathroom was showing the previous color in several spots and there was hair in the tub drain,our carpet looked to of not been cleaned in several years and not vacumed for several weeks, i went to the lobby which smelled of cigerette smoke to let the nice well mannered african american female who appeared around 25 the condition of our room when i was approached by a sandy blonde haired rude lady around 40 ish who was sitting in the lobby on a lap top computer who the nicer girl later identified as the manager. the manager seemed to not believe me and followed me to my room and simply advised me she would return to vacum it. at 11.15 pm i called the desk from my cell phone as the in room phone did not work and the nicer girl came and vacumed about 25 percent of our room,the blankets appeared to be several decades old. we seemed to be itchy all night and were very eager to leave early the next morning. as i was loading our vehicle i figured our boys could go to the lobby and take advantage of the free continental breakfast/after all how could they go wrong with boxed donuts and muffins from another source ?the kids came to the truck at 8.15 a.m. and advised me they were out of food.the only good part of our stay was that they had an older stronger capacity shower head which helped to wash the filth off of us before we left from this nasty stay we had .all 4 of us now the next day have several bites scabbing on our legs and we used bug spray every time we were outdoors on our vacation/we left every single suitcase on our back porch when we got home and today being the next day after checkout we are still bringing in only one washload at a time for fear of infecting our house.if the first few places you check are sold out hit the highway and keep checking. its worth missing a little cedar point time to stay in a clean place with your family. i hope you read this before you check into the best budget inn.. good luck

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank dantheman60785

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 1, 2010

My family was heading to Cedar Point, and got there late. There was only rooms avaible for the next night, so we had to find a place to stay for the night. We trighted almost everywhere but everything was sold out exept for the Buldge Inn ( I realize why after we saw the room ) Even when parking outside, we saw a man wandering around creeply. When we got to our room (just realizing then it was outside and was accually a motel) we went into our room and saw a two room and 1 bathroom piece of CRAP ! There were cirgirett holes through the blankets, holes in walls, stains on the walls and blankets, and also trash left over from the last guests. I WAS AFRAID TO SLEEP... I left a little light just for sercuity, because you dont feel safe at all... Overall After being charged $200 for a night in what was the WORST NIGHT IV EVER SPENT AT A HOTEL (More like a motel) I get chills thinking about the night even a week later. I WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE AGAIN IN MY LIFETIME !!!!!!!! I Suggest everyone not to go there even if it might be a few bucks cheaper then some other places... Sooo much worth it to spend a extra $20 on a better room !

1 Thank wfish032

Travelers are raving about these Sandusky hotels

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Do not stay here!!!!!! We booked through priceline and lucky for us we got our money back. The hotel was a joke. Bathrooms horrible, beds horrible and the rooms smelled like drugs were being made there. Staff sucked and they told us when we went to checked in at 4:00 they didn't think our rooms were ready because they were short staffed. When we finally got the key and I mean a big door key we went to put our things in the rooms and one of the doors was open(1st red flag) the bathroom was dirty (2nd red flag) and the bed comforters didn't match and was dirty, need I go on. We didn't feel safe there so we called and got a refund. We traveled 50 miles and stayed at Candlewood suites by the way was a very nice hotel and we paid the same price as the dump we had just come from. I would have slept in my car before Best Budget Inn!!!!!!!!!!

1 Thank cutiepie1971
Iowa city
Reviewed July 20, 2010

The hotel is very out dated and the rooms could use more cleaning. There were bugs crawling on the carpet. First of all the cleaning people were really unprofessional looking, they had no uniform so it was hard to tell if it really was a hotel employee knocking on your door or someone off the street. I booked 2 nights on expedia then called the hotel 2 weeks before my stay to extend it a night. The lady on the phone said she would do that for the rate i already had. When I got there and stayed my first 2 nights, all of a sudden my 3 night was not reserved and they wanted to charge me twice as much to stay the 3rd night and if I didn't pay that they would charge me a checking out late fee. I tried to explain to the manager about the mix up, SHE YELLED AT ME! I called Expedia and tried to get them to help me but the manager wouldn't let them book any rooms for me. I really hope Expedia takes this hotel off their booking list, Best Budget is a complete embarrassment to Expedia and I hope no one stays there again! They are plenty of other hotels in the area for the same price! DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank cereza50
Nappanee, Indiana
Reviewed July 10, 2010

I booked through Priceline so I didn't even see these reviews only ones on the Priceline site and they were hit and miss with good and bad so I decided to stay. First I booked and paid for a TWO BEDROOM SUITE with two beds in one room and one bed in the other. As stated above...the front of the motel doesn't look so bad but when you drive around to the back where the doors to the rooms are......it is horrific....like Bates Motel stuff. We were in room 213...walked in avoiding huge spider webs along the way..opened the door and was overtaken with such a bad odor....the carpet at the door was wore to the floor boards.....and there were three beds lined up in a row. So I go down to the desk and ask where my two bedroom suite was and she told me they overbooked for the type of room I requested so I had to take that one. I went back up to the room to find my husband trying to turn on lights...only one of the lamps worked. He had also already cleaned hair out of the tub.....toenail clippings and Nerd candy was all over the floor. I call down to the desk and ask if I was paying the same for this room as I would my suite and they said I had to take that up with Priceline. So I tell them the lights are not working. Also there were exposed wires sticking out of two recepts on the wall. A lady comes up and says maybe they are unplugged (the lights) so my husband has to lift the beds for her to plug in the lights and there was half eaten packs of cookies and a zillion dirty kleenx under the bed. This place is horrible. If I knew who to call I would call the health department on them. When we checked out my husband asked who owned the place and they said it is privately owned but that the manager would talk to him so she followed him back up to the room to show her the filth....also forgot to mention MOLD on walls so if you have allergies stay away. She just said she was sorry but I would have to contact Priceline. DO NOT STAY HERE. Don't even think that it can't be that bad cuz you just need a place to crash after a day at Cedar Point.......it IS that bad.
I can't stress it enough....it is FILTHY.

2 Thank Mulligrubb
VA
Reviewed August 24, 2009

This was my worst expieriece ever with a hotel.....it was [--]bugs under the matress .My family and I were scared to put our stuff down.it was so bad that when we got home we culdnt take our bags upstair for fear of bed bugs in our bags ,we washed everything even the suitcases. The tub looked like it was 3 years short of cleaning...we didnt want to step foot in the tub and if we did we wuld wear shoes. I couldnt wait untill the next morning so we could leave.There was crappy room service with freaking teenage girls supposedly changing our sheets when we got there ...she obviously didnt do a good job because there were blood stains on the sheets .My brother stepped in the shower and the d**n showerhead fell on his head ...the cieling was leaking we wore our hoods so that crap wuldnt get n our hair. The pool was a disgrace it looked like someone did a number 2 in it.The freakin back door was open to the hotel any one could come in there and shoot up the place it was apiece of CRAP.This place needs to be shut down immediatley!!! If anyone know the number I'll call the people myself to shut it down.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
va
Reviewed August 19, 2009

All i can say is heck 2 tha no...this should not even be a freaking hotel...the pool was filthy and nobody in there right mind wud swim in that POOL...there was sum white stuff n there that cud hav been mistaken for U KNO...dnt let me get started on the rooms...we sprayed all the rooms with Lysol...and we even had the so called maid change the sheets in front of our faces...speaking of the maid...every time i walked by her she was on her flipping cell phone....on the website they say sumthin bout a fridge....an inspector needs to check that fridge and see if he wud put his food in there...wen u think of hotel u think of a hotel tht smells good...this so called BEST budget inn smelled like straight up urine....tha bathrooms were not gud....tha tubes were all rusted and we found hair n tha shower...the ceiling was leaking....under the matress were disgraceful...ive never seen anythin like tht in my life..can u say bugs,bugs and more bugs....my final comment is DONT EVER EVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL... I DNT CARE WAT THE PRICE IS...ITS NOT WORTH IT!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family