The first warning sign should have been the little girl, presumably of another guest, greeting us as we entered the lobby with a creepy statement about a spider infestation that many guests were complaining about. The second sign was the guest at the front desk who was currently filling out paperwork involved in a complaint based check out, especially considering it was 11pm when we arrived. We had made reservations for two beds, the room only had one. The door to our room did not fully close. It closed enough to lock alright, but the door was so warped that you could literally reach your hand through the top of the door between the door and the frame. The spiders were amazing. I don't believe I have ever seen so many spiders in one place before. The room did appear as if it had been cleaned, as there were no spiders inside the room, just all around the external entrance, stairs, and walkways. Our car was parked no more than ten minutes right in front of the room before we came out to find it as well covered in spiders. The room was in obvious disrepair, huge cracks in the wall, missing molding exposing wires along the floor, carpeting that looked as if the last time it was unstained was in the factory it was made in. The bed was hard as rock, with just a comforter and a rubber mattress cover on it. No real sheets. There was a table in the room with two chairs around it that both had pieces falling off. We could hear every move the people in the room above us made as if they were in our room. Due to our door we could also hear every noise in the parking lot as if we were in the parking lot. We were not here for more than two hours before we found a better room across the street at another hotel. We booked through Expedia, who told us when we were arranging our hotel switch on the phone that almost everyone they had booked in this hotel that night already had or was in the process of moving to another hotel. Expedia also told us on the phone that this was a one star hotel and we shouldn't have booked here in the first place if we expected decent service, even though their website has this listed as a two star. All we really wanted was a room where we felt safe to spend the night. Between the non-closing front door of the room, which opened right to the parking lot, and the spiders all over that was not the case.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renovated for the summer of 2014, the the Best Budget Inn Sandusky is a big savings hotel! Bring the family and friends along to enjoy our selection of larger 1, 2, and 3 bedroom family-style rooms, as well as rooms with a separate two-person Jacuzzi. Your stay includes free wi-fi internet access, HBO and ESPN, free local calls, and an outdoor pool. We also offer a game room, laundry service, and easy access to local restaurants, shopping, and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Best Budget Inn Sandusky reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Budget Inn Sandusky Hotel Sandusky
- Budget Inn Sandusky
- Sandusky Budget Inn
- Best Budget Inn Sandusky Ohio