“bates motel”

Best Budget Inn Sandusky
Ranked #33 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed September 23, 2008

look this hotel was crazy we checked into are room there was no pillow no blanket we called to tell the manager he said he cleaned the room and it was there? so i had to walk to the office and get them if that not enough the room had basement smell my door had no deadbolt all the manager said is there isnt

Stayed: August 2006
1  Thank jdub00

Reviewed August 18, 2008

This was horrible, half of the lights didnt work in the building, they had no extra pillows (the pillows were flat as can be) or blankets - they were supposedly all at a cabin (whatever that means). I stayed in a 7 person suite and they gave us 4 shower towels, luckily they had a few extra towels. One of the tv's had a remote the other did not. I asked if both rooms could see a tv and was told yes - that was not true only one bed in a room could see the tv - the way the rooms was set up. There was a desk and chair the chair had a (white) stain on it (dont want to know from what), but that should have been cleaned up by the maid service. The limited express continental breakfast was just that limited - they had danishes and coffee. When we checked in it was rather later at night, the serving plate from that days breakfast was sitting on the counter with chocolate on it - needless to say I didnt even try the breakfast the next morning. I was VERY embarrassed when I got there after planning a great trip for my family in this hotel - luckily this was just somewhere to lay our heads at night. If you plan on staying at the hotel for most of the day - you will want to find somewhere else. On the second day they were turning people away saying they had no vacancy even though their vacancy sign was light up - I dont know how they didnt have vacancy - there were hardly any cars in the parking lot. The pictures make this hotel look A LOT better than it really is - I wished I would have read the other reviews on this before staying.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank steph6603
Reviewed August 11, 2008

drove up late after a day at Cedar Point and stayed one night, and that was enough. Dirty, broken remote, and pillows like tortillas. Pool was also closed for cleaning, judging by the green water it has been some time. Best thing about it is that it is on the road out of town, I would avoid

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank CollsMTNesters
Reviewed August 6, 2008

I arrived for a planned 5-day stay and ending up leaving within 24 hours. I would rate this hotel the worst experience I have had in well over 25 years. I was horrified when I opened the door to my room. My first thought was I can't possibly be paying over a hundred dollars a night for this dump. The room was dirty...chairs were stained...walls were filthy...bathroom contained moldy walls, and was downright scary. Covers on the bed appeared to have just be thrown over the mattress, not properly made. The evening attendant was not knowledgeable of checking out procedures. I had to wait until the next morning to speak with the manager. I was taken aback more so upon finally getting to speak with the manager. I'm no fashion expert by any means, but I certainly wouldn't have expected to be greeted by someone in a managerial position wearing sweatpants that appeared to have been slepted in. Additionally, the online virtual tour is totally misleading the viewer. It should be illegal to misrepresent hotel property as done in this case. Bottomline is, you get what you pay for. For 20-30 dollars more a night, I found a better hotel that far exceeded the Best Budget Inn. Lastly, I highly recommend you make note of not only this review, but others pointing out equally unpleasant experiences. Combined you undoubtedly will make the proper decision and bypass this place.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2008

We booked this hotel because it was cheap and it was close to Cedar Point. The room was sufficient, but the TV remote was broken, there was not a lot of towels, and the bathroom could have been cleaner. We only stayed two nights and weren't even in the hotel that long so it was sufficient for us. If you plan on staying around the hotel all day long, you may not like it.

The best thing about it was the free continental breakfast. Cereal, fruits, bagels, english muffins, and doughnuts. Lots of food to start a road trip.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dmh26
Reviewed July 18, 2008

Run as far away as you can. This was the worst hotel I had ever seen. It may look good from the pictures but it was horrible. The room I was shown had ants crawling all over the bathroom floor, there were wrapers on the floor next to the bed, the floor had not be vacumed, the screen on the window had holes in it, the blankets had stains on them (and I don't want to know from what), there were at least 15 dead cockroaches on the floor in the vending area, and the manager was very rude. The lady at the front desk even told us not to stay there. Thats pretty bad when the employes tell you not to stay. I would not recommend this dump to anyone. We ended up staying at the Fairfield Inn, which was right down the road which was very nice and clean.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 25, 2007

We were traveling to Put In Bay, near Sandusky, and needed a motel for the night. We drove until finding one available. The Best Budget Inn South at Sandusky. Now I know why they had rooms available. They gave us a ground floor room, number 115, I believe, and it was the worst. Mold growing up the walls, spider webs hanging in all the doorways, spiders in the bathtub, several large stains on the carpet, something red spilled all over the front of the nightstand, possibly ketchup. My husband and I were afraid to sit on the bed, there were holes in the comforter. The entire room smelled musty and moldy. It was horrid. My husband has asthma, and as soon as we walked into these rooms, he started coughing. My husband went to the front desk to ask for another room, so they gave us another ground level room, number 120, I believe. And it was just as bad, the "recliner" chair was broken and had a large hole in the seat cushion, the mold and spider webs, and smell were just as bad. So, my husband went to ask for our money back, and they told him they had a "special" room behind the office that they didn't rent very often. It was just as horrid, the room smelled, and the recliner was broken in two pieces. We finally got our money back, and went next door to the Travel Lodge, and got a decent room, for $20. cheaper. I can't believe they were charging $120. per night, for moldy, stinky, horrid rooms. I will never stop at another Best Budget Inn. I would rather sleep in my car.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family