“GREAT VALUE FOR ADULTS”

Sandusky KOA campground
Reviewed October 28, 2013

GREAT VALUE! We were allowed to check-in extra early to the Deluxe Cabin. For an average of about $15 per person, 6 adults had plenty of room. The Cabin was clean & I don't remember a single complaint about it from any of us. It's just a few miles from Cedar Point & I'll definitely consider staying at KOA again.

Room Tip: The Deluxe Cabins have a bathroom & a kitchen with fridge.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Sandusky KOA campground

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We were drop-ins with our motorhome in early August. This was not a weekend so there were plenty of spaces available, but the spaces were very small and lacking privacy. Staff were helpful and the bathrooms clean. The place was nothing special, but adequate for a quick overnight, dump the septic and fill the water.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I thought the park itself was ok but the people working there were not. Especially a certain girl that I did not get her name. Also, there were tons of open spots with it being September and they crammed everyone right on top of each other. I did not get the reasoning for that. I would have to say I do not think I will be going back there. I usually enjoy KOA's but I did NOT enjoy my time at this one. Staff was definitely NOT friendly and helpful...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nzwygh
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The room was clean for the most part, give or take a few bugs. But the cabin we rented looked much nicer online than when we actually got there. Luckily, we were only there to sleep. Staff was very friendly, but paid too much for what we got.

Room Tip: Get a cabin with a bathroom...but don't let the "sleeps 6" fool you. There may be room...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank binges1
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We wanted to book at Cedar point but they were full. This was our first time camping and everyone was very nice and friendly. There are many full time campers there and those people were helpful and friendly. More importantly, my kids had a great time. The playground was fun, the bouncing pillow was awesome. Lots of kids etc.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rich T
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed over Labor Day weekend, booked in June
Needed large site, the site was cramped
No patio , just grass and mud
Sites were small
Needs more garbage cans
Maybe more activities for children.
No one to escort us to our site

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I saw a lot of people who reviewed this place poorly. I don't see why. We came here Friday and Saturday night during Labor Day weekend for a music festival and The Underground and were greeted with friendly, accommodating staff. Although apparently my friends reservation didn't go through (probably a fault with the browser she used) the staff still got us a campsite we booked anyways (Primitive w/ Electricity & Water) and were empathetic to our situation, because we were thrown through the loop about the reservation not going through.

Out campsite was dry and clean (even when it rained Friday night and most of Saturday night) it was hardly as 'flooded' as people have mentioned.

The bathrooms were adequate and acceptable for a camping area. I wouldn't expect a place where 50-75 people use the same facilities to be spotless and pristine at all times, it's just not an acceptable position.

The train did go by often at night and during the day the planes were launching and landing at the airport next door, but they were hardly that depriving us of sleep.

Us not having kids, the kids around were annoying, but again, hardly something we didn't expect it's national holiday weekend.

By far the worst part about this place was that they were sold out of bug spray (our fault for not planning ahead) but the Manager went into the staff shed and gave us a 1/4 bottle of their bug spray that was left for free. It was a nice gesture.

We had people partying throughout the night past the 11:00 PM "quiet time" but none of them were being obnoxious or condescending just friend enjoying alcohol, each others company, and the outdoors.

We had a great experience at KOA in Sandusky and would suggest to the reviewers to have more realistic expectations of the places they are going. If you want Hilton service don't go to a camp ground next to an airport.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paul A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandusky
Cedar Point's Express Hotel
Camp Sandusky
Camp Sandusky
#4 of 5 in Sandusky
Cedar Point's Lighthouse Point
Shade Acres Campground & Cottages
Cedar Point's Hotel Breakers
Sawmill Creek Resort

Been to Sandusky KOA campground? Share your experiences!