“Good hotel for the money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Budget Host Inn

Budget Host Inn
Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Stow
“Good hotel for the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed here on July 6, 2013. This hotel is very close to Cedar Point. Pool was very nice and clean and we were allowed to swim to 12:00 AM as long as noise level was kept to a minimum. We rented two rooms and both were very comfortable and clean. If you are on a budget and want somewhere close to Cedar Point I highly recommend this hotel. Hotel staff were also very friendly. Continental breakfast was very basic but filling.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Myra S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The Budget Host Inn in Sandusky, Ohio was an okay stay. The lobby and hospitality room was in one building, and most of the rooms were in the other. It is a two floor building. Doors facing outside. There are no elevators so you have to climb up a flight of stairs. The rooms have air conditioning. There is no wifi in the rooms. Small bathroom with a shower. A small outdoor pool with lounge chairs. The rooms smell like smoke. For two nights, I would choose again

• Stayed July 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

We had the King/Jacuzzi Room. The room was very spacious, and most importantly, CLEAN. So VERY close to Cedar Point, any closer and you pay almost double the price. Staff was very friendly, even let us check in early. I will stay here again every trip to Cedar Point!

Room Tip: If you want to relax your tired sore body after Cedar Point, I would def get the Jacuzzi Room!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Robert V
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Air conditioning didn't work. It was mid-80s during the day and our room stayed sweltering all night.

The fitted sheets didn't fit the bed. I move around in my sleep so woke up sleeping on just the mattress. Ew.

Something in the bathroom (water pump maybe?) would make noises periodically.

Door to the bathroom was too big for the door frame so had to be forced shut and yanked open. Smashed fly on the door frame when we arrived.

Not a well-stocked continental breakfast. No knives so used the handle of a spoon to spread cream cheese on my bagel.

Burn holes in the blankets on the bed.

Non-smoking room smelled super musty.

Room Tip: Spend a little more money and stay elsewhere. There are several other hotels just as close to Cedar...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank srpilch
dmoran71, Manager at Budget Host Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
We sincerely apologize for the experience you describe. I want to assure you it is not typical or our property. We do take pride in serving our guest with good accommodations and friendly staff. We are taking measure to correct the situation and really appreciate you bringing the matter to our attention.

Travelers are raving about these Sandusky hotels

St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

My friend and I stayed here June 17-20, 2013 while we went to Cedar Point. We stayed in room 286 which was HUGE with 2 queen beds, very comfy, clean and since it was above the office we were able to get wifi.

We didn't go for the morning breakfast or swim in the pool so I can't comment on those 2 aspects but as for the price, location and cleanliness, this place was phenomenal! We paid $53/night with my CAA card... last time I came to Sandusky I stayed at Mecca Motel which was cheap $50/night but had no working A/C and was nowhere near as clean and comfortable as Budget Host Inn.... especially with this location!

Barely heard the trains go by or the traffic and we were closest to Cleveland Rd.

I honestly can not find one thing to complain about regarding this hotel... if I had to dig and come up with some pathetic comment.. I guess it would be that there isn't wifi throughout the hotel??? But if you don't need it then it really won't affect you.

And if you are looking for some "night life"... check out The Cove at Louie's Bar Sandusky which is on River Rd down the street from McDonalds. We went on Wednesday night and was just our luck it happened to be a dead night however the people that were there were all very friendly and the bartenders were super nice!

Unless you want and expect some luxurious resort, I don't think you will be disappointed.. Room 286 is the room to be in :) Will be my return hotel for the future!

Happy Travels!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Well first off the exterior of the place was clean and looked great. However the room exactly the opposite. The stench in our room (non smoking room) smelled horrible, we had bugs living under the tile in the bathroom (watched them crawl under), the light by the tv didnt work. The matreses defiantly need replaced cause it seemed like we slept in a hole and the sheets didnt fit the bed correctly (We always bring our own sheets and blankets) Oh and if it rains it comes down in force right in front of the door so you get soaked like a water ride when entering and exiting. Breakfast was nothing to get SUPER excited about though it was not bad.

Room Tip: stay at your own risk
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
dmoran71, Manager at Budget Host Inn, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We sincerely apologize for what you describe. I want to assure you we typically do not have this issue. We take pride in giving our guest a clean, comfortable room. I want to assure you we have corrected the situation. And it will be part of our training to insure it does not occur again. Thank you for your comments. We hope to serve your future lodging needs.
Oregon, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

First off, this property is nothing special as far as the interior decorating and could use an update in the rooms. That said, for this price and its close proximity to Cedar Point makes it well worth the stay. I personally stay here every time I go to Sandusky. THe jacuzzi rooms only run around $65 dollars and are quite the value if you try and price out a similar room in the same area. It is right next to the causeway which takes you into Cedar Point and close enough to the Castaway Waterpark to walk to. Also if you want to visit Fridays for social atmosphere you can walk as well. Once again, the rooms are quite old and dated, but for the location, price, and value I promise you will not find a better deal. They also offer complimentary breakfast in the morning; however, I am normally not up in time to make it. I have had it a couple times and it is a step below what a Holiday Inn Express has; however, once again it is all about the location and value here!

Room Tip: I prefer the jacuzzi rooms. They are around $65 a night. But all the rooms are fine.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends