Didn't expect much for a two-room "suite" for 100 bucks, but was just looking for a place that would take the dog without a hassle. It was certainly old and cheap, but it seemed clean enough. Beds were passable. Suite had two fulls and a Murphy in the other room. Darkest room I ever stayed in as lighting was minimal, to say the least. People were nice enough and brought extra sheets when we asked for them, and didn't disturb the dog during our day at the park.
Pool was OK only. Thai in-hotel restaurant was a very easy pass after one look. Free "breakfast" is a joke. White bread and toaster. One dinky waffle machine with scary looking batter. Two cheapo cereals. Lame coffee. Don't bother.
There is the advertised "game room"...just make sure you bring your own games and then you can sit and play them in the empty room.
If you are looking for "nice" go elsewhere. Looking to crash with kids and dog, etc. without a hassle or worry about somehow ruining the room? Maybe OK. But I wouldn't recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The South Shore Inn is a family friendly hotel conveniently located minutes away from the world-famous Cedar Point Amusement Park and downtown Sandusky. This Sandusky hotel is committed to excellent customer satisfaction! Our longstanding custom of providing supreme comfort and enjoyment has earned us a stellar reputation in the lodging industry. We’re sure you’ll find that our distinctive service, exceptional value and warm hospitality make us the ideal location to accommodate you and your family or group. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your South Shore Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Shore Hotel Sandusky
- South Shore Sandusky
- South Shore Inn Sandusky, Ohio