“Great location, GREAT ROOMS, GREAT COST!!!”
Review of South Shore Inn

South Shore Inn
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed October 9, 2009

We stayed at the South Shore Inn during our trip to Cedar Point. At $80 for a king jacuzzi suite, this place was a STEAL! The jacuzzi was HUGE compared to others. The bed was amazingly comfortable for a hotel bed and this is the ONLY hotel I've ever encountered that had a TON of pillows on the bed!! And they weren't the flimsy ones that are as thick as a piece of paper. These were nice, thick comfy pillows. We didn't have time to utilize the pool but it looked very nice.

The only con we found was the quality of the shampoo in the dispenser. Wasn't the greatest and no conditioner ws available.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed September 5, 2009

Location and price was good and it is very true you get what you pay for. I stayed one night with two friends in July 2009. I wish I had brought my digital camera so I could have taken pics of the room....horrid....just horrid. Long hairs on the toilet and in the shower. Cobwebs in the top right corner on the lighted sink area. AN ACTUAL USED DISPOSABLE RAZOR ON TOP OF SHOWER AREA. Stained sheets. No remote. I could have easily complained to the front desk but I knew I was just going to get the same thing over again. It was filthy. Sad thing is I have stayed at motels\hotels from everywhere from San Francisco to Vegas to The Dominican to Scottland to D.C. and the only 2 places that were deplorable and disgusting were both in Sandusky...including this place. Next time I will pay the extra $30 and drive the extra 1-3 miles and stay somewhere descent.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank mdm4sfest
sciarappa, Owner at South Shore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2010

At the South Shore Inn, We welcome the opportunity to correct and remedy any issue a customer may have. We are family owned and operated and take such complaints very seriously. We pride ourselves on maintaining our high level of customer satisfaction.

The fact that you didn't complain at the front desk makes me wonder wether your description was accurate or valid. I know I certainly would have complained! Yet you chose to sleep in stained sheets, use a bathroom with hair rather than complain? I also find it interesting that three girl staying and not one of you have a "camera"? I feel this is an unfair review given that your never gave us the opportunity to remedy the situation.

Perhaps there was an issue with housekeeping that needed to be addressed but we'll never know as you chose not to bring your issues to our attention.

Reviewed August 27, 2009

I read reviews of this hotel before and after staying there and rarely provide reviews but have decided in this case one is warranted.
This is a motel not a 4 star hotel so if this is what you are looking for you will be quite pleased by the value and space.
I stayed with a friend in the three room suite which was enormous and offered two full bathrooms. I honestly would not have needed to see my friend at all and could avoid him in this huge space.
The room was clean and had a great set up. I did accidently lock my friend in there side for the night, not knowing I was shuting him out though.
This is set up as a motel with some hotel influences but it is not the four seasons. It is right next to Cedar Point and having spent much more to stay at the park regularly I think this is a good choice as I have been very disapointed with the onsite value and cleanliness. This was better than the reasonably priced rooms onsite.
I was there really early in the season and noticed that this motels rooms are a lot pricier during the peak times but it remains a better price than on site.
The only negatives I can think of are that I do not think I could get calls sent to my room.
I found there was not always someone in the office.
The king bed I was in was comfy but was sagging a little in the middle.
Again this is a nice spot for a quant stay but do not expect flat screen tv's and updated features. You can expect friendly staff, a clean room and a great location.I will be staying at this motel again next week due to my previous experience.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank mermaidspoint
Reviewed August 23, 2009

I stayed here for two nights and it was so nice before and after Cedar Point Amusement Park, my friend and i was able to walk to the Cedar Point Entrance for the Causeway to the park. Cedar Point was fun enough, however the South Shore inn knows what they are doing! The Pool was open till midnight! and they have a giant jacuzzi the pool also has two fun small water slides. my advice is to get the jacuzzi suit for 75.85/night! it was clean, spacious and relaxing. The only problem i had was, there was no small refrigerator so i had to eat my cheesecake fast! all in all this is the place to be in Sandusky, for Cedar Point or not Cedar Point.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tdocteur
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Read a bunch of review of hotels near Cedar Point & decided on this one. It was awful!
The exterior looked nice & well kept. Lobby was decent, but the room........ yuck!
There was blood on the bedspread. Sheets were clean though. The toiletries were dispensers on the walls. The beds were terrible. Train was loud & woke me up several times though the night. It reminded me of horror movies with hotel room scenes in them.
My kids enjoyed the slides at the pool, but the "hot tub" was not hot & the smell of chlorine overuse was nauseating.
The continental breakfast was the worst I have seen. It consisted of hot water, coffee, milk, OJ. No decaf, which I found to be a little strange, not everyone does caffeine. To eat there were donuts & 2 kinds of cereal which I was sort of afraid to eat.
We stayed at Castaway Bay our 2nd night & though not fabulous - huge improvement.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank jillamp
Reviewed July 23, 2009

Excellent service, friendly staff, immaculate grounds and lobby, HUGE bathroom vanity, nice pool, great location right oaround the corner from Cedar Point and within walking distance of TGIFridays. Parking was right outside our door. The family that runs this hotel obviously takes pride in their property and customer service. My only complaints would be that there was non coffee pot in the room and the actual bathroom/shower were a little too compact. Other than that, I would stay there again and again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CincinnatiRooh
Reviewed July 22, 2009

We were looking for close to the park with a pool to wind down after the day at the park. This was perfect. We got the 3 room suite and it was plenty big for six of us. My wife and I as well as children 12, 12, 8, and 4. We left the Point at 8:30, grabbed subs from a place just east of hotel and headed to the hotel. Kids swam until 10 but others were in the pool later and I couldn't hear them if it weren't for me stepping out of the room. Woke up, kids swam until 11:00 and we headed out. Great pool, water slide, hot tub, continental breakfast is donuts, juice, coffee, fruit and cereal. Clean rooms, friendly staff, will stay again but will bring own shampoo because shampoo and body lotion dispensers dispense the same liquid.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family