“Spotless and Affordable” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Up North, Michigan
“Spotless and Affordable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

I was hesitant about staying here due to some of the reviews, however, we did last weekend when we visited Cedar Point. We were in a newly remodeled, spotless, and very nice two-bedroom suite. The front office staff was very friendly/helpful, the room affordable and it is located minutes from Cedar Point. The continental breakfast left a little to be desired, but I will definately stay here the next time we visit Cedar Point.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
3 Thank burmesterl

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
wallaceton, pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

My daughter , her son, 3 teenage friends and I stayed at the Inn after a day at Cedar Point. We had reserved the family suite and were very satisfied with the room. Large enough for 6 without being cramped. Friendly staff, clean rooms and although we slept through the breakfast it sure smelled good. Would book here again and next time try to get awake earlier to enjoy the free breakfast.

2 Thank suzanne c
Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

We decided on a last minute trip to Cedar Point before the school year and this was about the only motel we could find that wasn't priced at over $200 a night. (*First red flag) So, despite my intuition, we booked two nights in a double room.

First off, it took a little while to check in because the people in front of us were told they did not have a room because the motel was "overbooked." According to the front desk, it happens frequently, especially people booking from third-party sites, like hotels.com, expedia, etc. I had called the motel directly which guaranteed our room so therefore we had a standing reservation. So if you book off a travel site, better go ahead and call them to reserve or confirm before you travel.

The lobby was nice, newly redecorated so I thought well maybe it is a nice place, a hidden gem! So after checking in, we went to our room and lost all hope. First off, the smell was awful. It smelled like it had been closed up for months, with a little bit of dirty socks, and animals. We left the door open for two hours with the noisy air running trying to air it out. The bathroom was really really small with the vanity on the outside of the bathroom (I hate that). One of the first things I did was usher my husband and children out to the pool area so I could wipe everything down with my Lysol wipes and spray some Febreeze. The room didn't look dirty, but I felt better knowing I had cleaned it. Next, I peeled off the 1970s comforters, threw them in the corner (where they would remain for our stay) and checked out the beds and linens. Fortunately, the linens looked and smelled fresh and I saw no evidence of critters in the bed, relief! However, the carpet was really old, picture your grandma's forest green shag carpet about twenty years ago). Therefore, we wore shoes AT ALL TIMES in the room. I didn't even want to sit my bags on the floor. Again, it didn't look dirty but you never know.

I think the smell turned me against the whole expereience, something that smells yucky probably is yucky. Mind you, I am not one of those OCD people where everything must be hospital sterile, I just like fresh, clean and spacious. I just did not get that from this motel.

PROS: Location to Cedar Point

CONS: Too many to list, but definitely the smelly room upon arrival, and severly outdated carpet and furnishings, no fridge or microwave, there is no "game room," but it was advertised on travel web sites, they have ONE ice machine for the entire place that never had ice. I had to carry my cooler into the lobby and the desk clerk took it into the restaurant and filled it up with ice.

Room Tip: Call motel directly to reserve or your room or you run a chance of not having a room due to overboo...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank marriedmomofone

Travelers are raving about these Sandusky hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

My aunt to me my sister and my cousins that she reserved a hotel that's cheap and is supposed to be nice so we left cedar point at like 6 and went to go check and the lobby smelled soo bad i had to go outside till they were done and when we walked into the room it smelt soooo bad and it was sooo small and the bathrooms were horrible and small the beds were like rocks and the a.c was sooo loud i couldn't sleep and a train went off every five mins and the hot tub was not hot at all the breakfast in the morning didn't even have good food no donuts no muffins just waffles and bad cereal only thing i enjoyed was the slide

• Stayed August 2011
      Location
      Rooms
Southfield, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

Room smelled like animals and urine. Did not take my shoes off unless in bed. I got an extra cot that was no charge. I would have paid $10 for padding. It was springs with a thin blanket ouch! double beds were not very comfortable either but not horrible. Bathroom was decent though. Pool was best part. I stayed at Breakers hotel one night for cedar point but too expensive for two nights so I booked at a cheaper hotel. I wanted a place with cont breakfast and a bar lounge. Bar lounge was close by the time I got back from cedar point at around 11 pm. Breakfast is only waffles, toast, cereal, coffee tea and oj. Not the worst but for price even not good.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Flushing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

I usually don't review hotel rooms, but decided to write this review since I was so hesitant to stay here. We stayed at Cedar Point for 2 nights, but needed a hotel to stay at the night before we went to the park and checked in our room there. I read reviews after reviews and was reluctant to stay here and many of the hotels in Sandusky. Not to sound arrogant, but I'm super picky when it comes to hotel rooms. We've stayed in over water bungalows on Bora Bora and at the nicest hotel on Maui. We were pleasantly surprised with our room. We were on the 2nd floor, or room was VERY CLEAN ~ no bed bugs, the bathroom was also very clean with plenty of towels ~ a note to anyone over 5'5 ~ you will have to duck to fit under the shower head, but no biggie. Check-in was at 4, but we arrived at 2pm and they let us check-in early and the staff was very nice. We spent the rest of the day by the pool which was nice in size and the kids loved the slide ~ plenty of room for the adults too without being bothered by the kids. The continental breakfast was fine, but you know going in that it's not a full breakfast so you can't complain. They had cereal, juices, bagels and a waffle machines. The drive to Cedar Point was less than 10 minutes. We paid $140 for a Saturday night, which I thought was kinda high ~ but it was the weekend. I recommend this hotel without any hesitation :-)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TraumaNurse1
Garden City, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

Stayed there earlier this week....
CONS:
When we arrived, the desk person was on the phone negiotating with another customer a better price then what we paid..not good...
It took different remotes before they found one that worked for the TV..
Soap dispenser i the shower didn't have soap in it ..
The Cont Breakfest was VERY limited and the coffee was not that great...
PROS:
The pool was awesome
The Staff was real friendly and helpful...
Super close to Cedar Point..
The room was clean and house keeping did a great job .

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank timpopdetroit