“The hotel was perfect & I'm really picky :-)”
Review of South Shore Inn

South Shore Inn
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Flushing, Michigan
“The hotel was perfect & I'm really picky :-)”
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I usually don't review hotel rooms, but decided to write this review since I was so hesitant to stay here. We stayed at Cedar Point for 2 nights, but needed a hotel to stay at the night before we went to the park and checked in our room there. I read reviews after reviews and was reluctant to stay here and many of the hotels in Sandusky. Not to sound arrogant, but I'm super picky when it comes to hotel rooms. We've stayed in over water bungalows on Bora Bora and at the nicest hotel on Maui. We were pleasantly surprised with our room. We were on the 2nd floor, or room was VERY CLEAN ~ no bed bugs, the bathroom was also very clean with plenty of towels ~ a note to anyone over 5'5 ~ you will have to duck to fit under the shower head, but no biggie. Check-in was at 4, but we arrived at 2pm and they let us check-in early and the staff was very nice. We spent the rest of the day by the pool which was nice in size and the kids loved the slide ~ plenty of room for the adults too without being bothered by the kids. The continental breakfast was fine, but you know going in that it's not a full breakfast so you can't complain. They had cereal, juices, bagels and a waffle machines. The drive to Cedar Point was less than 10 minutes. We paid $140 for a Saturday night, which I thought was kinda high ~ but it was the weekend. I recommend this hotel without any hesitation :-)

1 Thank TraumaNurse1

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Garden City, Michigan
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Stayed there earlier this week....
CONS:
When we arrived, the desk person was on the phone negiotating with another customer a better price then what we paid..not good...
It took different remotes before they found one that worked for the TV..
Soap dispenser i the shower didn't have soap in it ..
The Cont Breakfest was VERY limited and the coffee was not that great...
PROS:
The pool was awesome
The Staff was real friendly and helpful...
Super close to Cedar Point..
The room was clean and house keeping did a great job .

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank timpopdetroit
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I stayed at the South Shore Inn for a long weekend with two friends as we visited Cedar Point. The hotel was only being used as a place to crash between park days but we wanted a decent place to sleep and relax overnight. We were pleasantly surprised by the bed and bedding quality in the room and, though not super modern, all of the facilities were well maintained. Our only complaint would be that the bathroom is super small and that the room wasn't fully cleaned on the second day. Breakfast was ok, nothing great but continental breakfast rarely is. Our biggest hassle was that on the last night a group of rowdy guys moved into the room 2 doors down and started throwing a drunken party on the balcony. The music and noise dropped substantially after one very easy call to the front desk so I would say well done to the hotel staff.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank legg02
Fraser, Michigan
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We stayed 2 nights in the 3 room suite. I was a little nervous based on the pictures and other reviews I had read, but was very happy with this hotel. We go to Cedar Point every year and stay in a hotel, and this one was very good. Everything was new and clean, the beds were very comfortable, and the pool was great. Very close to the park. My only complaint is the vending area, or lack thereof, but we just went to a nearby gas station to get snacks and drinks.

1 Thank tchenez
Parish, NY
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We rented a suite for 6 people. The rooms were spacious. There were televisions in every room. The kids loved the bunkbeds and the swimming pool. It was very close to the park. It is also very close to various restaurants and stores.

1 Thank Murphyavril
Dayton, OH
Reviewed July 11, 2011

My husband and I went to Sandusky to spend two nights and go to Cedar Point with four teenagers. We got two rooms that were near each other, both with queen size beds. The rooms were clean and spacious, and appeared to be updated (flat screens TV's, etc). The lobby was beautiful and the staff was very professional (I didnt have any extra needs or requests, so I didnt get a chance to speak to them much!). I didnt ask to have an inside room,but thats what we got and I'm sure they're nicer than the ones you access from outside by the pool, which I would imagine would be noisy if there were a lot of little ones in the pool. All in all, it was a nice hotel stay, and we'll definitely be back. My only complaints would be: the aforementioned low shower head (and lack of water pressure), and the breakfast. I didnt expect much, but some fruit and/or yogurt would add to the selection. Also, maybe put one waffle iron at each end of the table, so you dont get a crowd all in one area!

Room Tip: Ask for an inside entry room! I didnt see the outside entry rooms, but ours was inside and was very...
1 Thank ChrissyMel123
DeKalb, Illinois
Reviewed July 8, 2011

This was our first visit to South Shore Motel and we found it to be very nice and it was very clean. The owners were very nice to us, their son Eddie checked us in and we also dealt with Cindy the mom who could not have been any nicer to us. We will be going back there next year when my grandsons and I visit Cedar Point.
Thank-you again for our enjoyable visit to your motel.

Room Tip: We had the two room suites which were very comfortable for us.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family