Howard Johnson Express Inn - Sandusky Amusement Park
Comfort Inn Sandusky(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
$84
Sleep Inn(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
$80
SleepInn
$123
$111
Hampton.com
La Quinta Inn Sandusky - Cedar Point(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
$92
La Quinta
$84
Travelocity
$99
$89
$150
$102
Cedar Point's Express Hotel(Sandusky)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Being that the room was $60/night, I wasn't expecting a top notch resort but it was a big disappointment. The room was filthy, sheets and blankets were severely stained. The bathroom was very very small. I mean I think it was a closet converted to a bathroom seriously. There was a small dorm type fridge in our room and it was nasty inside. Our stay was for two days and we was never brought clean towels or had our bed linens changed. I will say that the hotel is conveniently located from the main drag of Sandusky and about 5 or 6 minutes from Cedar Point. It had good water pressure and the beds were comfortable. But that's the extent of the positives. All in all, I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jason B
hotelsanduskyoh, Webmaster at Howard Johnson Express Inn - Sandusky Amusement Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Howard Johnson Sandusky during your recent visit to our area and appreciate the review.

We are cross checking the entire points and regret the inconvenience howsoever.

We have engaged a professional team for regular cleaning with a strict instruction to check the rooms and amenities of the room before checking in a new guest.

We request you to make a note of our efforts and consider staying with us in future and have a new satisfactory experience.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We arrived, checked in, and we were not expecting the Ritz, and we were fine with the room. Then we realized the door did not lock. We got another room from the office, but the room was in a back hallway, up the stairs, and the was no fridge and microwave. So we opt for the broken room after they refused not to charge us for the night. We called customer care and she suggested that they just move the fridge and the microwave up to the other room, they refused. My sister and I offerd to move it ourselves, they refused. We were ready to be stuck in the room for the night and my sister closed the door and it jammed. I could not get in she could not get out. Finally they called maintenance he spent an hour trying to fix. The final solution after 3 hours was to take the frige and micro wave upstairs. Then in the second room we could not get the heat on. After 4 hours we should have been able to be released from the obligation to pay so we can find proper accomidations on our own. This post is so detail because I am writing this as it is happening. LITERALLY!!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank alecia175

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for staying at the Howard Johnson Sandusky and your valuable time to write a review.

We take each of the review quite seriously.

We are really sorry for the experience how far unlikely it may be.

We investigated the points mentioned and would like to inform that we regret the unlikely incidence like the one you have mentioned.

Nevertheless we have taken each of the related department to task to ensure that there is no second chance to post a review similarly.

We hope you would appreciate our efforts and do visit us to confirm this.

You will find your next stay a really nice experience.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel on 9/28/2013 for a quick Cedar Point trip. Typically we stay at a resort hotel in the park but decided since this was a quick trip no need to pay all that money. I saw some mixed reviews on this site but decided to give it a try. We pulled up at 2pm on Saturday to see if our room was ready.. it wasn't which is not a problem because check-in isn't until 3pm. The girl at the desk seemed rather frantic because she told us several housekeeping people were no shows for the day. Working in the customer service industry I can sympathize with her and she said it should be ready around 3. We went and grabbed some lunch and a couple other things. Came back around 3:15 and they were in the room cleaning. Since we already had our keys we decided to head back to Cedar Point and we'll just come back that night when we're done at the park. After spending the rest of the day at the park, we came back to our room. This room was spotless and nicely updated. I was surprised since it was only $45. The bed was so comfortable I wanted to take it home and replace mine with it. There were plenty of pillows, the TV was of good quality and the bathroom was spotless. The only issue we had was the air conditioning did not work, only the fan would come on. The manager came up to look at it but couldn't figure anything out and they were totally booked so there was no chance of changing rooms. We just opened the window to cool the room a bit and I slept great. This was a great experience and the management does a great job keeping up on the rooms. When making a quick trip next year, I will definitely keep this hotel in mind.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2013

At first, by the name, I wasn't too thrilled my buddy picked this place, and upon arrival i wasn't wow'ed by the place, but then i entered the room and was a surprise. A nicely updated room top to bottom, even a refrigerator to store drinks. No old hotel smell at all (since you might assume it based on the outside) and the a/c worked great! In the morn, there's cereal, milk, juice, coffee and donuts available in the lobby. The guy at the counter was very helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again for the right price. It's very convenient to CP, only a couple miles drive. Its at the intersection of Perkins and Milan(an exit off of the turnpike, a couple miles north). Just across the side street is Jolly Donut, a nice, old style diner and donut shop, good food!! Worth droppin in before headin to the park for eggs, toast, pancakes, etc. If you need your caffeine fix, then head across Milan to Biggby Coffee...they have a bazillion coffee creations for your addiction. Lol This HoJo is definitely on my list of recommendations.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have parking right in front of room. Left building is single level so noone above you.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I recently stayed here and don't understand any of the complaints. The front desk ladies are very nice and go above and beyond to help you. I know that the donuts were fresh in the morning cuz I heard the desk clerk call in the order. They also said when we checked in that it was a small breakfast of donuts cereal juice and coffee so anyone complaining about that knew in advance what the breakfast offered. I spent some time talking to the desk clerks and found out that there are only two of them since they close when Cedar Point closes and that they live in an apartment that is set up behind the front desk so that there is always someone available if needed. Since they live there to accommodate the guests there is a kitten that lives in the apartment that is set up for them. They said it doesn't go anywhere the guests stay and I didn't see it but heard it meow so I asked. The desk clerk said that they keep him in the back unless she is off duty and holding him. They don't let him just roam about wherever he wants but he did get past the door once and did jump on the desk when she was checking someone in, so I'm guessing that is what the lady who brought it up was talking about. He doesn't hurt anyone so who cares. They also said that since it is under new management (Debbie is her name) they are making changes to the rooms trying to make them better since the old management let it go. Stuff like that takes time and they said Debbie just got there at the end of August. If people would just talk to them they might be more understanding. Its a good place to stay that is close to everything. I would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013