“Not bad at all!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Charleston, WV
“Not bad at all!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

This was my first time staying at this particular Knights Inn. First of all I loved the fact that it was so close to Cedar Point! I've usually stayed at places further away. The check-in process was quick and the lady was very friendly and helpful. The room itself was very comfortable and larger then most double-bed rooms I've seen. Everything seemed to be in working order and I always love have a mini-fridge since I travel with a lot of beverages. :) It also had a microwave which I didn't use.

The continental breakfast was decent and included fresh fruit, muffins, doughnuts, and bagles (which are my favorite.) The pool was literally outside my door but I didn't get to use it. I was also lucky enough not to be bothered by anyone using it. The train that everyone talks about it didn't bother me at all and I am a light sleeper!

The only real complaint I had was the door. The locks worked fine but it was drafty (which could be an issue in colder weather) and it felt like it (along with the walls) were paper-thin. Luckily I wasn't really bothered by anybody or anything going on outside. It was raining which probably kept everyone indoors.

All in all it was a great place to stay and I will definitely keep it in mind for my next trip! It's nothing fancy but it's better than some of the places I've stayed at in Sandusky! You have everything you need and it's very comfortable and clean.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Leland, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Next time we go to Cedar Point, we will be spending the extra money to stay at a more up-to-date hotel. The continental breakfast provided fresh fruit (a little) and lots of carbs. They did get fresh cake donuts every morning, that was fun for the kids.
The breakfast area was nice, outdoors and screened in, they also offer a laundry facility.
The room just did not feel real safe or clean, the kids felt uncomfortable in it because of the outdoor entrances it, thin walls and doors.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Gatineau, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel during our trip at Cedar Point my wife and I with our three children 15, 13 and 7. Cost of accommodation was a selection criteria and we were on a week + journey heading to Chicago where we were already lined up to pay a premium. We had this room for less than $75 a night; my oldest very picky son was convinced it would be a disaster and had a pretty bad attitude heading to the Knights Inn. Yes there were trains, yes there was a bit of a smell but the completely odorless hotel rooms are quite rare. No one in our family complained. Heated pool, very nice breakfast (included for 5 of us in the $75!), well functioning A/C, timely service at front desk, nice hosts even a laundry which ended up solving an issue for us as we were going to need to do some laundry during our trip. $1 for a wash, $1 dollar to dry and even large towels and jeans dry with $1. Safe and fridge in the room. Bathroom sink was actually outside that bathroom itself with allows for dual use (good thing for a family!). This was definitely the best deal in our whole journey. The picky teenager reported "Perfect hotel Dad!"

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
Olney, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Very decent motel close to Cedar Point. Rooms are clean and well maintained. Staff very nice and breakfast in the morning was a plus with great options to choose from. Second time staying here while visiting Cedar Point and will return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
1 Thank gthomas108
Macomb, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I was weary of staying at this cheap motel but it's good. I have slept great and felt safe. No. Not fancy but
It's a great value and just as good as the Hotel Breakers. Much much better value. Easy drive from Cedar Point. Would definitely stay again and definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
1 Thank Greenbean1000
Guelph, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My boyfriend and I chose to stay at this hotel for our weekend trip to Cedar Point in June. We read all of the great reviews for this place and were expecting a decent stay. We were very disappointed.

When I checked in, the lady at the front desk was very friendly and gave me a run down of where to find everything we would need. When we found our room, we were disappointed to find that it was on the first floor and directly opens into the pool area, which was full of very loud children the entire night. The room was extremely musty smelling despite being a non smoking room, and felt dirty. We even found a used floss pick on the floor next to the bed. On the bright side, the room had a mini fridge and a microwave, which were nice, and the bed was clean.

Within 1 minute of being in the room we heard and felt the first train go by. We never actually saw where the trains were, but the entire night they went by and were extremely loud.

On a positive note, this hotel had a very nice continental breakfast, including fruit, yogurt, granola bars, and donuts.

All in all, it was not the worst place we could have stayed (we saw some real gems down the street!) but next time I will definitely fork over the extra bit of cash to stay somewhere nicer.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second level and facing the front would be quietest
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Sandusky hotels

Lancaster, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a long weekend in July and found this hotel to be just average. First off, the walls are paper thin and we could clearly hear the neighbors conversations even though they were taking in normal voices. You could also hear a train that passed by but it did not disrupt my sleep. We stayed in a room with a Jacuzzi tub, which was nice, but very loud. Ours did have a closed in bathroom (room 326), unlike other travelers who have reviewed this hotel, so some of the rooms must be set up different. The bed had a spring popping up that was very annoying. The breakfast was not the greatest but we did eat it every morning. They serve muffins, donuts, bagels, English muffins, frozen waffles, yogurt, apples, bananas, and cereal. I sent my English muffin through the toaster twice and it didn't even warm it up enough to melt the butter, let alone toast it. We did not actually go swimming but the pool was about the size of our king size bed. The people who worked there were very nice and helpful but I do not think we would stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple