“big pluses & minises”

Knights Inn Sandusky OH
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Florida
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We could not find a suite (separate bedroom) near Cedar Point Amusement Park. So we took 2 rooms for $65 and these had Whirlpool Bathtubs ! Entrance is very basic but we were greeted with a warm welcome family style. Rooms were very clean there's a pool and outside Jacuzzi. This was a steal when you compare it to the prices in the Sandusky area. If you do not need all the frilly luxury and big name brands then this is for you. Oh i forgot that you also get a continental Breakfast...no eggs but everything else. Best of all, it took us 5 minutes to get to the bridge to Cedar Point. I would not hesitate coming back...

Room Tip: Use AAA for a better price.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2014

My husband and I were a little worried about what we were going to find considering what a great deal we got on our room, but like many others we were pleasantly surprised. Front desk staff was very friendly. Room was clean, comfortable, and spacious. It had a mini fridge and microwave. We were in a room toward the front but the train did not bother us at all. Loved how close it was to Cedar Point. Door to the room is outside, not in a building or hallway. Great place to stay in Sandusky if you are on a budget.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank jesincla
Wilmington, Ohio
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was alright. We were in room 127 I believe and the room was clean and nice. We heard a really loud noise and it a train! And that was the only train they were coming at around every 30 minutes. The pool was nice and warm and the hot tub perfected it's name and was hot! When I went back to the room to shower I layed my clothes on the floor in the corner of the floor and when I got out of the shower the whole bathroom floor was flooded!! My clothes from the pervious day were dripping wet and my night clothes were wet not soaked. We cleaned the floor but it was still slippery. Then the whole night that trains we're going by. Some louder than others. The breakfast was good, and the rest of my stay was good.

Stayed June 2014
Euclid
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Knights Inn after a day at Castaway Bay. We decided to stay there because of the low price. Castaway Bay was terrible so we were in a bad mood upon entering the Inn. The guy at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful which gave our stay a good start. Our room was all the way in the back so we drove there. We didn't know that the rooms door led to the outside but that was okay. When we opened the door we were surprised to find the room was very nice and spacious. Everything was clean the tub was a jacuzzi even though we didnt order a room with one. The heat and air conditioning was very efficient. Everything in the room had great quality and we were pleasantly surprised. The next morning we had the continental breakfast (and took some extra for the road) and the staff was friendly to us. Everything was better than we expected. We got a lot for our money and would definitely stay there again. I recommend the Knight's Inn

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Suzy1796
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed June 16, 2014

First, thanks to all the other Trip Advisors who rated this motel. First, it is across the road from a RR track. I stayed in room 139 which was a corner room with a second floor above me. The noise from the train didn't bother me (A/C drowned it out). However, either the people above me walked like a heard of elephants or you get a lot of room noise from the second floor. They woke me up at 5 am to go pee. I think it is the room not the because when they flushed the toilet or took a shower, I had to turn the TV up to be able to hear. So, don't get a room that has the second floor above it (this will also move you away from the train and pool).
Now about the room. First it was VERY clean and comfortable. At the suggestion of other Trip Advisors, I requested a Jacuzzi tub. For me any my travel companion, this was a BIG mistake. I don't know it I can properly explain, but there is no wall between the tub and the bedroom. Thus if you are in the bathroom doing your business, someone in the other part of the room can hear and for the most part see everything. The only thing between the two rooms is a shower curtain.
The front desk staff were the best. Very friendly and helpful. I got the impression that they cared about their motel.
For me the breakfast was fine. They had your usual arrangement of store bought pastries, bagels, English muffins, waffles, fresh donuts, 3 kinds of cereals, oatmeal and granola bars along with 2 fruits. One thing I did note was that the juices (orange and apple) were from containers not watered down from a dispenser. There was a coffee maker in my room but NO hair dryer.
If you do book, I would watch out for Bike Week (1st week in June) but I'd say that anywhere. Overall for the price $58 I thought it was a great deal.

Room Tip: The noise from the train didn't bother me (A/C drowned it out). However, either the people abov...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TJ S
Bellefontaine, Ohio
Reviewed June 2, 2014

It was a dark and stormy night..ok..enough of the drama, but we was inn (sorry) a tight pinch, and needed something quick.

2 rooms, 1 with wheelchair access, and the other for my kids, because "Dad..seriously you are louder than a train, snoring"

We ended up, at the Knights Inn. A little over priced, but it was the start of Ohio Bike Week. The layout, and general appearance, screams 1970's B horror movie. But it was clean. Tidy. smelt fresh, as soon as you opened the door. Which as we all know, if it smells like a smoky sewer, its downhill from there.

Anyway. Bedding fresh, clean, comfortable, basic ammenties, coffee maker etc. Well stocked towels and linens, and you could simply kick back and relax. All the while, I'm thinking.. "This is really..really nice"

Continental breakfast, well stocked, fruit, cereal, doughnuts, juice and coffee, something for everyone.

Try it, there's a lot worse out there for the same price range. And we'd book again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family