Knights Inn Sandusky OH
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Comfort Inn Sandusky(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
$84
$124
$111
Hampton.com
Sleep Inn(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
$90
La Quinta Inn Sandusky - Cedar Point(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
$89
$140
$106
$170
Groupon.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscontinental breakfastdonutsclose to cedar pointyogurtroom was cleanhot tubrailroad tracksaaa discountwould stay here againmini fridgeohio bike weekcoffee makermotelpoptartsparkcp
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 29, 2008

My boyfriend and I decided to stay here during our trip to Cedar Point since it had good reviews. I must not of been staying at the same hotel, because I didn't enjoy my stay at all. The beds were uncomfortable and my pillow had a black hair on it. When I was getting ready to get into bed I always check the pillows and sheets and when I turned one of my pillows over there was a long black hair on the pillow (I have blonde hair) YUCK!!!!!Whenever someone would turn on water the pipes in our room would make clanging noises and if anyone walked on the balcony by your door it was really loud. I didn't get much sleep here. I was very disappinted because the reviews were so good.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2008

Booked this hotel because it had such nice reviews and I'm glad I did. At first glance the hotel doesn't exactly look like much; especially when driving past castaway bay. But if you are on a budget this hotel is the best. We went on tuesday - friday and our room rate was between $79-$89 per day. The front desk area was a bit musty and when we went to the room it was a little musty as well, but when we turned on the AC all was well. The room was very clean and hospitable. The pool is heated and the hot tub is very nice; both were cleaned daily. The continental breakfast was stupendous. It is held in a screened in building outside and has a very nice selection of breakfast food that is replenished quickly.
Negatives ~ The hotel is located near train tracks, but the trains never blasted their horns at night which was great cause I am a very light sleeper. The musty smell at first in the room and the pool closing at 9:30 p.m. are it.
Positives ~ very close to cedar point, clean rooms, clean pool & hot tub, great continental breakfast and helpful staff & very inexpensive.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 17, 2008

A group of us rented 2 rooms by contacting the hotel directly. We were pleased when we arrived and saw the rooms. We did, however, have one complaint - when we opened the curtains, we found underwear from the previous guests. We contacted the front office and they did take care of it after about 15-20 minutes.
Other than that, our stay was nice. The problem occurred when we received a printed copy of the bill and noticed that they charged us $4+ for each room for telephone access and $2+ for the safe warranty(?) When I went to the desk and informed them that we didn't feel we should have to pay a fee for either items, since we weren't using them (other than to call the front desk to inform them of the dirty underwear), the manager on duty was very nice and made an adjustment to our account. When we went to check out though, the other manager on duty was quite rude and appeared to be upset that we got a credit for the $12+ in extra charges. I will not let this incident keep me from staying at the hotel again - as long as they confirm prior to my arrival that we will not be charged for things we are not using and they give me the full room charge up front.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 28, 2008

Everything was very clean, including the pool. It was better than we expected. The staff could have been a little more friendly.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Leanne30
Reviewed June 27, 2008

It was a good value. Much cheaper than staying at one of the resorts, but still just a short ride from Cedar Point. At one point during the day at Cedar Point, we needed a break and jumped back over to the hotel for a quick nap, and then back to Cedar Point for the rest of the evening. The room was nice, continental breakfast was very good, and the facility was clean and staff friendly. Be cautious about where they put you, because if you are on the far north side of the hotel, you are very close to the train tracks, which can be noisey. That would be my only complaint, we were close to the train. Would recommend, costs way less than staying at the other places.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple