“A nice one night stay”

Knights Inn Sandusky OH
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I booked a last minute reservation for here while passing through Sandusky to go to cedar point on our cross country road trip. We have been staying at a lot of hotels and although this wasn't our favorites stay it certainly met our needs just fine. It was close by to cedar point but not exactly the most convenient, nicest road but did not feel unsafe in anyway. Check in was easy and our room was nicer than expected. My favorite part was a jacuzzi bath tub. Everything was clean and worked fine except the room was freezing when we first walked in so I went to turn it off and accidentally hit the heat on which in only a matter of seconds smelled so bad and set off the room fire alarm. That is our only complaint but can't fully blame them since the heat shouldn't be touched in July. Over all the stay was totally fine and had a nice breakfast in the morning right outside our door.

1  Thank Lovecrazzed

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Overall, it's a nice, cheap hotel. Very conveniently located especially if you drive. 5 minutes from cedar point.

Only negative point is that they turned your a/c on max and it was colder than a freezer in our room. You'd think they would get the hint when you, yourself turn your a/c down. But we came back to our room after a day out at CP only to find it freezing. Had to air out our room to get the warm air in.

Breakfast was a very nice touch and their offerings were pretty good.

Also, I wasn't happy that I didn't get asked about how my stay was. The girl just took my keys and left without a word.

Overall, nice place for the price.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Needed a flop for after Cedar Point. This fit the bill, with breakfast. But, first room (in older part) smelled (cigarette or old, I don't know). Also, AC couldn't keep up. Brenda, the night clerk was very accommodating and moved us to a newer room with great AC. Bed was better than a board. Pillow a little better. Bath towels fine, but hand towel was sandpaper. The next morning, I realized why the rooms may smell: "no smoking" signs ignored by maids. I witnessed two workers in the courtyard, by pool and laundry area, smoking. The air doesn't circulate, and would naturally flow into rooms with open doors, which there were some. Worker at breakfast needs hygiene lesson on handling garbage can lid, then wiping coffee carafe with same handi-wipe. I'd already eaten, but it grossed out my sister. The breakfast area has plenty of nice, new garbage cans, but they have the dingiest, dirtiest, oldest (not matching new) near the food. WHY?? A little bit of attention to procedures for help and investment in more comfortable linens would increase the satisfaction of customers. Brenda was great, though!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room in the newer section, by the laundry and breakfast room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank HappyHoosierWanderer
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Great property with great prices, if they keep it reasonable people will return. Thurman checked us in with such a great personality, and gave us great reccomendation on food delivery. Quiet and relaxing especially if you ask for a room towards the rear of the hotel. Stayed in back last year, but this year was upstairs up front and was able to see and hear the trains going by. Loved it! Free breakfast served till 10:30, NICE. They have LOTS of choices,yogart,granola,apples, fresh doughnuts and many other choices and there is a lady tending to it so they don't run out. Pool is nice and hot tub was awesome!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Ok, let's start by saying this is not the Marriott, Hilton or Westin or for that matter any other high end hotel. this is a nice clean place to stay and staff was very friendly. Besides vending machines being sold out of pop, I have no complaints. Great place to stay and is $20 or more less a night than other area hotels.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tom S
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was where we decided to stay the night before our day at Cedar Point. I expected a pretty basic place and in general that is what we got. The good things about this place include the very close location to the park, the price, the room size, and the included breakfast (a good variety). The negatives include very thin walls (you can hear everything) and an air conditioning unit that sounds like a semi truck starting up in your room every time it kicks on. Unfortunately this did impact our ability to sleep. If it wasn't for this I would rate this place a little higher. If we come to the area again I would probably stay somewhere else. But I do think this is a good place for families on a budget just for the free breakfast factor.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2013

only 1.9 miles from cedarpoint. nice king room, the pool in in the middle of the motel along with the cont. breakfast, is served in an outside building real good breakfast.. large rooms. nice and clean. price was only $66 a night, was first time staying in a knights inn. will stay again. met some nice people there and chatted a bit. would recommend staying here,

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple