“Nice, easy dinner”

Ranked #136 of 187 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stopped here on a recommendation of a family member. The food was good... not greasy... and the shakes were yummy with many choices! A definite return trip is necessary... although I will say that we were there when it was busy and it seemed like the wait staff was a little frazzled... but did not affect the food!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Kinda felt bad, we ordered 36 sliders to go. But they busted them out pretty quickly, and they were really really good!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We picked up dinner here one night.. the food was EXCELLENT but the wait was TERRIBLE.. We waited over 25mins for our food.. but I guess it was worth it! :)

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Saw the good and bad reviews, came on a Friday @ 3pm after cedar point. Greeted as we came in and was immediately seated. The waitress Leslie came right over and my son was in the rest room she left came back with waters for us and told me about their happy hour special for those delicious shakes and we both ordered an absolutely fabulous tasting burger. The only drawback was the fries not hot enough and it might be that being from Oregon I am not use to super thin cut fries but that is just me. Overall I found this establishment excellent.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

This place was totally packed on a Tuesday evening! ...I am thinking it's because it's in front of the Great Wolf Lodge and people (like us) were escaping the overpriced food at the hotel. Our server was very kind, efficient, and accommodating. Would have given an "excellent" rating except the floor was absolutely filthy: I'm not sure how it could be sticky and slippery at the same time, but it was. Combine that with discarded french fries, crumbs, and hair, and that about sums up what was under my feet. The food was good, though!

Been to Steak 'n Shake? Share your experiences!