“Fine establishment,clean, fast and hot, friendly”
Review of Steak 'n Shake

Steak 'n Shake
Ranked #136 of 188 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Saw the good and bad reviews, came on a Friday @ 3pm after cedar point. Greeted as we came in and was immediately seated. The waitress Leslie came right over and my son was in the rest room she left came back with waters for us and told me about their happy hour special for those delicious shakes and we both ordered an absolutely fabulous tasting burger. The only drawback was the fries not hot enough and it might be that being from Oregon I am not use to super thin cut fries but that is just me. Overall I found this establishment excellent.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

This place was totally packed on a Tuesday evening! ...I am thinking it's because it's in front of the Great Wolf Lodge and people (like us) were escaping the overpriced food at the hotel. Our server was very kind, efficient, and accommodating. Would have given an "excellent" rating except the floor was absolutely filthy: I'm not sure how it could be sticky and slippery at the same time, but it was. Combine that with discarded french fries, crumbs, and hair, and that about sums up what was under my feet. The food was good, though!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We were walking in this place and group of people were storming out saying they didn't seat them forever and skipped them. We went in anyway and nobody was getting seated or even asked to be put on the list at all for 20 minutes we waited and tables were empty (but dirty) and no one came to take names or seat at all. So we left and ate elsewhere.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Not only were the prices unbelievable, the food was great, and the service was even better. We were surprised that the food was so good for under $4 a person.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This was just like being back home. The service, the food, the atmosphere, etc... was familiar and didn't disappoint!