“Great Experience!”

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Jefferson, Ohio
Reviewed June 17, 2006

My husband and I took our daughter and her 2 friends(9,9, and 10) to the GWL for her birthday. We loved the hotel - the staff was very friendly and the hotel was excellent. Our room was very nice and clean. The kids loved the waterpark - we've been to Splash Lagoon in Erie, Pa seven times, and yes, Splash Lagoon is larger, but the kids didn't get bored here. The lifeguards were very attentive and kept order in the pools. We ate at the restaurant and were very pleased with the food. We're ready to book another stay. Especially good for younger kids - not so much for the older kids to do.

• Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Great Wolf Lodge

Reviewed May 29, 2006

The spacious room made our family of 6 happy and it was a nice way to end a long week of traveling. We only stayed one night, but with our kids ages being 16,15,13, and 10, only the 10 year old could have stayed longer.

We didn't eat any food on the premises, mostly because of the prices, but there is a large grocery store within walking distance and so we microwaved dinner and just ate all meals in. The kids had a great time at the waterpark and I thought the lifeguards were very attentive and personable.

My only complaint is that I'm fairly certainly I picked up a staph infection from perhaps the family whirlpool. I just had a small pimple on my shoulder, nothing much really, but about three days after our return I was in the emergency room getting a potent antiobiotic. I have never been so sick in my life.

We also were awakened in the middle of the night with a loud, rattling noise made from the HVAC unit in our room. I got up and turned it off, but it made our room, particularly the loft where we adults were sleeping, a bit stuffy. We might possibly stay here again, but I will probably be avoiding all whirlpools in the future.

• Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank lugg6
Reviewed May 15, 2006

The food hear is terrible. The staff is extremely rude. The rooms were ok but not for the price and the waterpark had a lot of things broken overall it was terrible.

• Stayed: April 2005
6  Thank pointe201
Howell, MI
Reviewed April 22, 2006

First I want to say that our kids LOVED the hotel and the waterpark. The lifeguards were attentive (we actually saw one jump in to rescue a little girl). The staff, with expection to the front desk, was polite, helpful and friendly. Now, on to the bad stuff. The web site advertises wireless internet so I planned on finishing some work while the kids played. However, the only wirless internet they have is through the TV, which is only for surfing the web, so I could not do what I had planned. When we called the front desk to inquire about the wi-fi they simply told us they did not have it and we would have to go down to the Panera Bread or Starbucks. Next was the room service. An hour after we ordered we finally called back to find out what was taking so long. They told us the young woman who took our order forgot to write down the room number. When they finally brought the food it was obvious it had been sitting for a long time. Everything was cold and dry. We basically ended up throwing $45 in the garabge.

Finally, our major issue. We forgot a movie case (with over 30 children's movies in it) on top of the TV in our room. About an hour down the road I realized I had walked out of the room and had forgot to grab it. We immediately called and asked if they would be willing to send it to us C.O.D. We were told that they could not find it in our room. We asked to speak to the manager and she offered to go through the room with the floor manager to look for it. Again, nothing! We know for a fact that we left it on the TV but it just seemed to disappear. I will leave what happend to it up to your immagination.

There are 7 indoor waterparks within 4 hours of our home. You can bet with an experience like the one we just had our family will not be returning to Great Wolf-Sandusky

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 21, 2006

The food was excellent and the waterpark was exciting. My kids just loved it. They keep begging to come back again. The waterslides that go out of the building you don't even know it. It doesn't get cold or anything. We so are going to come back again and I hope you go!!!!

• Stayed: March 2006
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
cincinnati, ohio
Reviewed April 18, 2006

Being a traveler across this great country I can only say the the executive level people at the great wolf lodge need to travel themselves and collect data on what is important to their guests. Overpriced food, very basic room ammenities and zero service at 3oo-400 a night needs review. Children do not care , heck my kids would rather play with the large box the toy came in just as much as the toy. Point is management needs to dial the stay in ---we had fun but I could have stayed in an embassy close to the lake at half the price. I feel that I have been robbed.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed April 14, 2006

We stayed at Great Wolfe Lodge Sandusky Ohio on 4/9/06. We have never done an indoor water park before but it was great. We have a 4, 7, and 11 year old who all enjoyed themselves. In fact on the 2nd day they played so hard we received “No protests” when we said it was time to head home. We stayed in the most basic room and it was clean and comfortable. One policy of the water park that I really appreciate is that they allow parents to stand at the bottom of slides and catch kids who are big enough for the “thrill” factor of the slide but not able to handle the 3-4 feet of water at the end. This allowed my 4 year old to ride every slide in the park. It was a major bonus to not have to torture young kids by telling them that they are too short for a particular slide. We were also very pleased with the staff. Probably 9 out of 10 staff members who we interacted with were friendly, courteous and professional. The lifeguards seem to really pay attention to there duties. We will definitely visit here again. It makes a great 1-2 day get away in fall and winter.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandusky
Maui Sands Resort & Indoor Waterpark
Comfort Inn Sandusky
Comfort Inn Sandusky
#7 of 35 in Sandusky
Cedar Point's Hotel Breakers

Been to Great Wolf Lodge? Share your experiences!