“Just Had Our Daughter's Birthday Party Here 2 Weeks Ago”
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Once again, we are very happy with GWL. As I said in a previous review, my personal opinion is it is GREAT for younger kids. That doesn't mean older kids won't have fun. It's just not as big as some of the larger parks. I gave it a 5 star because this is the 2nd time here in 3 months and it was as good as the flast time. It was clean again. Everyone was friendly again. Food was good. We bought the birthday package which was great for us because we just wanted to let the kids have fun in the waterpark and not worry about setting everything up. Our room was ready when we arrived this time so that made us even happier. Completely happy again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,747)

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We took our family of 8 to this hotel/waterpark with the help of great discount pricing on Groupon. Before we left I called the hotel and spoke with the chef about our needs for our child that has Celiac's disease, the chef was more than accomodating for us and made sure she would have everything she needed and that the food was safely prepared for her. The water park was not so huge that I felt like I could lose track of the kids and the staff was very attentive to all of the children so they were able to all play safely. The stay was wonderful and the kids had so much fun. I only wish it were a little more affordable.(without the groupon we would not be able to afford it) I think the next time we go, we will plan for a longer stay if we can, so we can do more of the activities outside of the waterpark.

2  Thank jlhainlin
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I had reviewed this GWL about two years ago but just came back from a two - night get-away and feel the urge to sing their praises again. We travel a lot so my expectations are pretty high, but GWL does it right each time. The staff treat the customers as if they are important. It kind of reminds me of that legendary philosophy from the Florida "ears" theme park. They went out of their way to greet "happy birthday" to my daughter (silver swim bracelets for birthday kids). We bought the pricey birthday package extra, but really enjoyed the amenities it came with. I LOVE the new bedding in the rooms!!! I am so glad to see GWL join the crisp, clean, comforter cover sheets concept inspired by the "express" hotel chain we all know. I will not miss those scratchy, old, bedspreads one bit. We enjoyed a fabulous meal at Gitchigoomie Grill and a manicure for the birthday girl at Scoops, too. Keep up the great work Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky. See you soon!

Room Tip: I like the first floor rooms so you don't have to go through the main lobby in a drippy swim sui...
1  Thank Hungabunga
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My kids love the water so as an end of the summer weekend getaway right before school started we decided to try Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky Ohio. We have 3 children with a pretty big age gap our oldest is 14 our youngest is 2 so we figured Great Wolf Lodge would cover the gap. It was everything we expected and more the rooms were great and clean and defiantly big enough for the 5 or us. The park was clean and the staff was fantastic. We will definitely return and may just make it our yearly weekend before school starts tradition.

Room Tip: They are very strict about "hibernating hours" and had security come knock on our door aft...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jessi K
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have taken my twin daughters twice to Great Wolf at age 2 1/2 and again at age 3. They love it there. The waterpark is small and I think geared towards younger kids. There is enough for them to do, they love going down the small slides. The rooms are very nice and good size. We always stay in a 2 queen bed room with a sofa pullout that is also a queen. The rooms have a microwave, coffeepot and mini fridge. I definitely recommend Great Wolf for kids age 10 and under. The breakfast is good but pricey. We ate dinner at the grill and the food was terrible and overpriced. Check in is fast and easy. Story time is very cute, Wiley the Wolf comes out and reads a story in the lobby at 8 PM.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Our little one is turning 12 in May and we decided to take a trip to a waterpark as his gift. He loves swimming and has enjoyed waterparks in the past. Great Wolf Lodge is not a huge waterpark, but there is plenty to do and kept our guy occupied for hours. When not in pools, he had a great time playing Magic Quest, which had him running all over the hotel, collecting gold and runes. Whoever came up with that game is genius! Our hotel room was so clean and very comfortable. Having 2 televisions was a nice bonus! The staff is super friendly and helpful. The restaurants at the hotel were reasonably priced and served decent food. There are quite a few restaurants in the area, too. All in all, we had a terrific time and would love to stay again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lalalandlola
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We went to this Waterpark over Kalahari, and at first I was unsure because of my kids ages. I was thinking maybe they would be too old because most of the reviews seemed that this park catered to small children but I found that to be not true. Don't get me wrong, they have great play areas for small kids, but the slides and the pools were great and more than enough for my kids, one of which is a teenager. I like the fact that the park is on the smaller side because then you can see pretty much everything that is going on and not have to worry which area your child is in. The park and hotel are also incredibly clean. I did not see one thing floating in the pool(s), especially being that you can eat in the area. The lobby, hallways and room were incredibly clean and the beds were very comfortable. We stayed in a fireplace loft suite and it was very roomy. My only complaint is that we had six people in one room, it would have been nice if the half bath in the loft was a full bath or at least a shower without a tub, but I knew this going in. It was rainy so the fireplace made for a nice addition. We also had a deck and that was nice to sit out there and eat breakfast. We ate at the retsaurants one day and they were fine. It was not the best food I ever had, but it was fine. Before I wrote this review I asked everyone in my party for their feedback and not one person had a bad thing to say. I have stayed at Kalahari before and vowed never to go back. I will for sure come back to this resort. On a sidenote, the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Everyone we encountered said hello or asked if we needed anything. It was very refreshing to have great customer service!

Room Tip: I found it to be very quiet even though there were a ton of kids and we were in the middle of the ha...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family