“Worth reviewing again!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Tiffin, Ohio
“Worth reviewing again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I had reviewed this GWL about two years ago but just came back from a two - night get-away and feel the urge to sing their praises again. We travel a lot so my expectations are pretty high, but GWL does it right each time. The staff treat the customers as if they are important. It kind of reminds me of that legendary philosophy from the Florida "ears" theme park. They went out of their way to greet "happy birthday" to my daughter (silver swim bracelets for birthday kids). We bought the pricey birthday package extra, but really enjoyed the amenities it came with. I LOVE the new bedding in the rooms!!! I am so glad to see GWL join the crisp, clean, comforter cover sheets concept inspired by the "express" hotel chain we all know. I will not miss those scratchy, old, bedspreads one bit. We enjoyed a fabulous meal at Gitchigoomie Grill and a manicure for the birthday girl at Scoops, too. Keep up the great work Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky. See you soon!

Room Tip: I like the first floor rooms so you don't have to go through the main lobby in a drippy swim sui...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Hungabunga

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My kids love the water so as an end of the summer weekend getaway right before school started we decided to try Great Wolf Lodge Sandusky Ohio. We have 3 children with a pretty big age gap our oldest is 14 our youngest is 2 so we figured Great Wolf Lodge would cover the gap. It was everything we expected and more the rooms were great and clean and defiantly big enough for the 5 or us. The park was clean and the staff was fantastic. We will definitely return and may just make it our yearly weekend before school starts tradition.

Room Tip: They are very strict about "hibernating hours" and had security come knock on our door aft...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jessi K
Canton, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have taken my twin daughters twice to Great Wolf at age 2 1/2 and again at age 3. They love it there. The waterpark is small and I think geared towards younger kids. There is enough for them to do, they love going down the small slides. The rooms are very nice and good size. We always stay in a 2 queen bed room with a sofa pullout that is also a queen. The rooms have a microwave, coffeepot and mini fridge. I definitely recommend Great Wolf for kids age 10 and under. The breakfast is good but pricey. We ate dinner at the grill and the food was terrible and overpriced. Check in is fast and easy. Story time is very cute, Wiley the Wolf comes out and reads a story in the lobby at 8 PM.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Chris C
Royal Oak, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Our little one is turning 12 in May and we decided to take a trip to a waterpark as his gift. He loves swimming and has enjoyed waterparks in the past. Great Wolf Lodge is not a huge waterpark, but there is plenty to do and kept our guy occupied for hours. When not in pools, he had a great time playing Magic Quest, which had him running all over the hotel, collecting gold and runes. Whoever came up with that game is genius! Our hotel room was so clean and very comfortable. Having 2 televisions was a nice bonus! The staff is super friendly and helpful. The restaurants at the hotel were reasonably priced and served decent food. There are quite a few restaurants in the area, too. All in all, we had a terrific time and would love to stay again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lalalandlola
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We went to this Waterpark over Kalahari, and at first I was unsure because of my kids ages. I was thinking maybe they would be too old because most of the reviews seemed that this park catered to small children but I found that to be not true. Don't get me wrong, they have great play areas for small kids, but the slides and the pools were great and more than enough for my kids, one of which is a teenager. I like the fact that the park is on the smaller side because then you can see pretty much everything that is going on and not have to worry which area your child is in. The park and hotel are also incredibly clean. I did not see one thing floating in the pool(s), especially being that you can eat in the area. The lobby, hallways and room were incredibly clean and the beds were very comfortable. We stayed in a fireplace loft suite and it was very roomy. My only complaint is that we had six people in one room, it would have been nice if the half bath in the loft was a full bath or at least a shower without a tub, but I knew this going in. It was rainy so the fireplace made for a nice addition. We also had a deck and that was nice to sit out there and eat breakfast. We ate at the retsaurants one day and they were fine. It was not the best food I ever had, but it was fine. Before I wrote this review I asked everyone in my party for their feedback and not one person had a bad thing to say. I have stayed at Kalahari before and vowed never to go back. I will for sure come back to this resort. On a sidenote, the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Everyone we encountered said hello or asked if we needed anything. It was very refreshing to have great customer service!

Room Tip: I found it to be very quiet even though there were a ton of kids and we were in the middle of the ha...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband, 15month old, and i stayed here for a weekend trip to celebrate my birthday. We stayed in a whirlpool suite and it couldnt have been more perfect! The waterpark is on the smaller side, but more than okay for our small child...it's definitely a good place to take young children (teens would be bored). The onsite eateries are limited, but there are tons of restaurants close by and a grocery store right next to the hotel. The rooms were very clean and cozy, our whirlpool suite had a fireplace and two tvs! Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel for a nice weekend getaway with the family!

• Stayed April 2013
Bridgeport, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Really, got little ones at home that need a fun getaway? Haven't done it yet because of the cost? Pack up the wife and kids and take 'em here! Nice, affordable, medium sized water park. Wife and I had a great time cause the kids had a great time. Seriously, the place isn't so huge that you loose your kids, the place is clean, staff is friendly, food was good and reasonbly priced. The whole 'log cabin' theme is cool! Was our first waterpark adventure and we had a blast!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family