“A Great Family Adventure!”
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was the first time we had ever stayed at a Great Wolf Lodge. It was one of the best times our family has ever had in a short two day span. My children, ages 7 and 11, are already begging to return! The water park may be considered small by some but it was more than big enough to keep us busy until we were worn out. It also made it easier to keep an eye on the kids. We played the Magiquest game which was a lot of fun! Dinners were no more expensive than eating at any family restaurant and it was great to not need to leave the hotel. I am very picky about how clean our hotel rooms are and our's was immaculate. The entire hotel is very clean with a very relaxed atmosphere. It is perfect for families! All of the staff were very kind and I've rarely had such good service. I thought the price was very fair considering all of the amenities you receive. We have paid just as much to go to water parks for the day. Being able to go to the water park for two days plus stay the night is a great deal! If you are looking for a great, family-friendly get away, then book a visit as soon as possible! We will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: We stayed in a basic family suite and it was very roomy for a family of four. If you want something...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Just returned from a one night stay with our 3 year old and 11 month old son. The pictures on the website make it look much better than it is. The rooms are basic, but dated. The cost of $220.00 was about $100.00 to high. We went almost soley to meet the Wolf and he didn't show to the advertised 9am Wolf Walk on 1/21 and the employee just said the supervisor hadn't shown to yet and they didn't know what to do so no Wolf today. My daughter cried and cried. The walls are thin and they do nothing to keep the noise down, kids screaming down the halls at midnight etc. All in all I would have paid $220.00 to not have gone.

2  Thank elizabethheinonen
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Check in is at 4:00 and our room was not ready. The girl at the check in counter told me that Check in begins at 4:00 and that they don't guarentee that rooms are also ready by 4:00. Hummmm. Just stinks because the water park is only open untill 9:00pm. They gave us vouchers for free breakfast the next morning which we didn't use because we wanted to spend our time at the waterpark which doesn't open untill 9:00am and you have to be checked out by 11:00am. Just don't feel very satisfied for spending $500 on a loft suite, I feel like we were taken advantage of. Prior to this we have had several other good experiences with Greatwolf lodge. Unfortuanately, this time really left a bad taste in my mouth. Next time I will gladly spend more money to go back to Kalahari. Greatwolf has lost this customer but hopefully they get their act together and take better care of future guests.

2  Thank Derek M
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Let me first start off by saying this was our first trip to Great Wolf Lodge. . (Kalahari and Splash Lagoon twice each). All I can say is WOW. Great Wolf Lodge was P E R F E C T.

We booked a hot tub room. . had a kingsize bed. .patio fireplace. It was awesome. Our son is 3 and the tub was nice because my husband and I could talk him into leaving the waterpark for awhile and the tub in our room entertained him well we re-energized!

I thought the rate was good for a Saturday night $219.00 including our passes. I highly recommend the late check out for an additional $30.00. It's an awesome idea and I will use this everytime it really helps to go to the park and not have to rush out of your room by 11am.

The Lumberjack resturant was really good for breakfast and our waitress was the nicest ever. . (wish i could think of her name) Blonde, sunday morning.

Another thing about this place is it seems cheaper. . everything from the gift shop to ice cream.

I also recommed the Pup Pass. . you get a build a bear, tshirt, 50 arcade tokens, icecream, and pin for $39.00. Awesome deal!

The waterpark itself was perfect for us. . Kalahari is too big. . too busy. Here it is perfect for him he can ride every slide but one (a tube slide) and he doesn't need a life jacket. The lifeguards were really friendly and actually looked interested in things and your experience. The temp. inside was ideal. . not too hot or too cold.

We finally found our favorite indoor waterpark!

Also if you re book before you leave you get an awesome rate of $149.00 for up tp 6 people!

Room Tip: First floor rooms are perfect location.
3  Thank BuckeyeGirly
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We love GWL - and the more you go back the more discounts and perks you receive. This time was no different. Love staff and the attention you receive from everyone there. My daughter was so pleased that she could get a wand and play MagiQuest at this location - she's been saving all year. They just got MagiQuest a few weeks ago.
It is a quieter experience - confirmed as we've been here before (Summer). The restaurant isn't the greatest (in terms of GWL experiences) - but since it is on a street with so many various restaurant choices it doesn't really matter. Their breakfast is pretty good though and is a served buffet (family style).
We only had one employee who didn't exude the Great Wolfer (a term my daughter would use to refer to the staff from time to time). He was a pretty unenthusiastic MagiQuest staffer. The outfit is pretty goofy - but it is an outfit that screams to be worn by someone with a flare for the dramatic as a few other MagiQuest staff did well.
We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Wolf Dens are a little more noisy than a Kid Cabin since the den amplifies the sound of ones little...
2  Thank John B
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Rooms nice and clean fun setup for kids for sure. Water Park was fun for both our pre-teen and our teenagers. It is an indoor water park so it does have limitations. Price vs Value.... I think it is way over priced for what you get. Room size is just slightly larger than a standard room for their suites. Food was excellent at the buffet. Reasonable rate for the quality of food.... Prime Rib and Crab Legs on buffet so...
All in all fun place just expensive.

Room Tip: The kids cabin room is kinda small I would go for the Bear Den with a separate bedroom for Parents f...
1  Thank DougnAngie
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Awesome children-friendly place for all generations to have fun! The environment, the staff, the entertainment, dining all makes you want to go back again. Kudos to management for having watchful, trained lifeguards, and a pleasant ambiance & decor which changes by the season.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank gadachesterland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandusky
Maui Sands Resort & Indoor Waterpark
Comfort Inn Sandusky
Comfort Inn Sandusky
#7 of 35 in Sandusky
Cedar Point's Hotel Breakers

Been to Great Wolf Lodge? Share your experiences!