“kid heaven”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“kid heaven”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

i guess this is ok for those that like exremely clorinated atmosphere. large enough that youd need to keep an eye on the little ones though. i will avoid these places like the plague. my lungs are too important.

1 Thank Janice M

New York City, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“More oriented towards children...”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

The decor is dated and folksy. The rooms were not the cleanest and also in need of updating. The first day we were there, the pools, which are the main attraction of the hotel, were closed for cleaning. I'm not complaining about the fact that they clean the pools, only that no one told us in advance that they were doing that so we missed out on a day of fun. Also, given the fact that it is their main attraction and they need to keep it open year round, I'm sure they can figure out a way to clean it at night without disturbing their customers or business. The entertainment is really geared towards the kids, pools, arcades, a build a bear, etc. In my opinion, they should offer day care and some activities geared towards adults. It was within driving distance of cedar point, which is a big amusement park if your not familiar. I like the idea of having an indoor water park/ hotel so there is something you can do with your kids in the winter if you find yourself in Sandusky and not wanting to go out. However, I'm told by some relatives that there is another similar place in town that is larger, cleaner, more updated, with more things to do. If I find myself in Sandusky again, I'll probably check the other place out.

1 Thank J T
Sagamore Hills, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great place to howl”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The place is very well decorated. Perfect size water park for our children under 5. Fun activites as well. Luv the cub suites!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Julie T
Toledo, Ohio
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great for small & big kids!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Our daughter and son-in-law treated us to a weekend there with them and our 2 grandchildren, ages 5 & 8. We stayed on the 4th fourth floor. The best thing about the 4th floor is that there are vaulted ceilings, making the room look bigger and no one is above you. We still heard crying kids late at night, but I think you can't avoid that in a place like this. The bad thing about the 4th floor is that the elevators are usually very crowded, therefore slow. You can take the stairs if you wish, and we often did. The rooms were nicely appointed and very clean. The decor is "lodgey", but very creative and custom.
As others said, the place is smaller than Kalahari, but that is exactly why our kids always choose this place... It is easier to keep track of the kids and they feel as if they are safer. We are not ones to turn our kids loose, but there are plenty of things to do as a family.
The restaurants are the best! I really thought that they would be mediocre at best, because they had a captive audience. But we ate both dinner one night that the full service place and breakfast at the morning buffet restaurant, and both were excellent! Not too expensive and the waitstaff was great!
It was my first experience there, but I can't wait to go back!

Visited December 2012
amherst,oh
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“really a nice experience for the whole family”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Not as big as kalahari but the cost is a about half here with alittle value shopping. Clean Park and rooms, very nice place

Visited November 2012