“Exceeded Expectations ”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Columbus Avenue
Description: J Bistro is a fine dining restaurant that features classic chef inspired dishes using fresh local ingredients. Happy Hour is from 4-7PM Tuesday-Friday at the J Bistro bar!
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

I visited with my girlfriend tonight and had an incredible experience from beginning to end. As soon as we approached the property, the door was opened for us and the excellent service never stopped. Our server Dan had excellent recommendations and knowledge of the menu. The food was bursting with flavor and the atmosphere was perfect. We will be back very soon! Thanks J Bistro for being committed to excellence!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We live in Chicago, so great food is always a small drive away. When we are vacation dining is somewhat a let down because of where we live. Not here! this was a wonderful surprise. The food was amazing. We had chicken pizza, veal pasta, mussels and the best brussel sprouts I have ever eaten. Come and visit you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed May 15, 2014

My wife and I dined here on a Saturday night and there was a band playing (two guys with acoustic guitars). They were great, playing a mix of classic rock and contemporary music but with their own twist. It noise wasn't invasive to our dinner, but rather an added bonus to the whole dining experience in my opinion.

Now on to the food. Oh. My. Goodness. Seriously, I think it may have been one of the best meals in my life.

The Chilean Sea Bass was so good that I have been raving about it to my friends ever since. My wife had a steak special and said it was one of the best steaks she's ever had in her life.

Our server Sarah went the extra mile to make this a wonderful dining experience for us. We will definitely be back again soon!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We were among about 40 people invited to a business dinner at J Bistro. Service for our large group was excellent and expedient and special dietary requests were a priority with the management/staff. The venue is casual-upscale-elegant, food beautifully prepared and presented. If you're looking for a "super sized" meal J Bistro isn't for you. If you want an upscale downtown atmosphere with delicious fresh gourmet food, professionally prepared and presented you'll love this place. They also offer and extensive wine list to complement your meal.
The owner came out to greet our group and introduced his wife and the staff members. We provided them with a resounding round of applause for a most-excellent, memorable dinner experience. Their website is http://www.jbistrodowntown.com/.
J Bistro is a great place for couples or a group of friends who want a special dining experience.

1  Thank AliceinSodusNY
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Great food and upscale dining with Seabass specials
The wine selection is fantastic and great cocktails

This is must visit.

Be sure to ask for Frank

1  Thank Gary B