“Completely unexpected”

J Bistro
Ranked #25 of 180 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Columbus Avenue
Description: J Bistro is a fine dining restaurant that features classic chef inspired dishes using fresh local ingredients. Happy Hour is from 4-7PM Tuesday-Friday at the J Bistro bar!
Miami, Florida
“Completely unexpected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

When I traveled to Sandusky Ohio I never thought I would find a place like this. This restaurant was a great experience since the moment we walked in. Service was great, very friendly staff and quick service... But that is just the beginning, there is a great selection of drinks all of the ones I tried were good. And the food was delicious, I wish I could just keep on eating (The risotto was superb).

I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a fancier dining experience while visiting Sandusky.

1 Thank Daniel D

Norwalk, Ohio
“Great dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

This beautiful restaurant has excellent food, and the service is top notch. I had the sea bass, and it was delicious.

• Visited February 2013
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here the other night while on vacation at Lake Erie/Sandusky. Our whole experience was outstanding! The food, service and environment was perfect. Our waiter was very helpful in explaining the menu choices and made excellent recommendations per our preferences. This is the best dining experience we have had in a long time and highly recommend J Bistro. Reservations are recommended as this is a very popular place.

• Visited August 2013
“Great atmosphere,food, and service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I was impressed by the decor and menu. Very impressed with the meal and service. Try the scallops! Delicious!

Visited August 2013
Medina, Ohio
“Who needs big city restaurants for fine dining?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife and I planned a short weekend vacation for our anniversary on the shores of Lake Erie "vacationland". To start the week end off we wanted a good diner. We live in the Cleveland area and have already dined at many of the nationally renowned restaurants including all 3 of Michael Symon's restaurants. J Bistro is on the same level as any fine dining experience in Cleveland. Parking is never an issue as there is ample parking on the street and free parking in the municipal garage directly across the street. The food, atmosphere, and service were superb. Tables were well spaced so you did not feel cramped and a guitar player played light jazz at a perfect volume. The waiter knew the menu inside and out and was very helpful with suggestions and complimentary when we placed our orders. My wife ordered the filet and the 2 inch thick cut was cooked to a perfect medium-well as ordered (not easy to do). I ordered the scallops served with white chocolate and sweet corn risotto with blueberry and sweet mustard sauces. It was out of this world and nothing like I ever tasted.

The only draw back / downside of the place was I thought the portion size for the scallops was a bit small, (only 3 scallops) for the price, $25.00. They charge $2.00 if you want the optional bread and butter service. I thought that was tacky when spending over $100.00 for a diner for 2.
We will be back again and will recommend to anyone who is in the mood for a fancy big city dining experience while on vacation in the Sandusky area.

1 Thank TravelDad340