“Outstanding!”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Columbus Avenue
Description: J Bistro is a fine dining restaurant that features classic chef inspired dishes using fresh local ingredients. Happy Hour is from 4-7PM Tuesday-Friday at the J Bistro bar!
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here the other night while on vacation at Lake Erie/Sandusky. Our whole experience was outstanding! The food, service and environment was perfect. Our waiter was very helpful in explaining the menu choices and made excellent recommendations per our preferences. This is the best dining experience we have had in a long time and highly recommend J Bistro. Reservations are recommended as this is a very popular place.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was impressed by the decor and menu. Very impressed with the meal and service. Try the scallops! Delicious!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife and I planned a short weekend vacation for our anniversary on the shores of Lake Erie "vacationland". To start the week end off we wanted a good diner. We live in the Cleveland area and have already dined at many of the nationally renowned restaurants including all 3 of Michael Symon's restaurants. J Bistro is on the same level as any fine dining experience in Cleveland. Parking is never an issue as there is ample parking on the street and free parking in the municipal garage directly across the street. The food, atmosphere, and service were superb. Tables were well spaced so you did not feel cramped and a guitar player played light jazz at a perfect volume. The waiter knew the menu inside and out and was very helpful with suggestions and complimentary when we placed our orders. My wife ordered the filet and the 2 inch thick cut was cooked to a perfect medium-well as ordered (not easy to do). I ordered the scallops served with white chocolate and sweet corn risotto with blueberry and sweet mustard sauces. It was out of this world and nothing like I ever tasted.

The only draw back / downside of the place was I thought the portion size for the scallops was a bit small, (only 3 scallops) for the price, $25.00. They charge $2.00 if you want the optional bread and butter service. I thought that was tacky when spending over $100.00 for a diner for 2.
We will be back again and will recommend to anyone who is in the mood for a fancy big city dining experience while on vacation in the Sandusky area.

1  Thank TravelDad340
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is an upscale restaurant. You are going to spend a little money to have a good meal. I like fish. This was the first time I had Sturgeon. Who knew? It was really good. It was the fresh catch of the day. We had the mussels for appetizers, also very good. We were able to sit outside, another plus. It made you feel like you were in a big city. Sandusky really has some great places to go. The service was also excellent. I went there for the sea bass but they didn't have it on the menu that night. But the chef said he would cook it for me if I liked. I just decided to try something new. After this meal we walked down to Dockside to see the sunset. Great end to a nice meal.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Had lunch on a Saturday with two other couples. Great ambiance with plenty of spacing between tables. Everyone enjoyed there food and very much liked this restaurant. It's an upscale place so I wouldn't recommend it for families, but for adult couples it's perfect.