“Too Noisey”

Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Columbus, United States
“Too Noisey”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This stay was below my standards for noise level and comfort. I believe they need to look into replacing the mattresses on the beds. The room was clean, but the noise level comming from the hallways and room above us was too loud. The toilet ran all night and there wasn't anyone availaBLE TO FIX THE PROBLEM.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

gavin l, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sandusky-Central, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review. I understand that there were some issues that inconvenienced you particularly the disruptive noises you experienced.

It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and that we are actively looking at different options of better soundproofing our property.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.

gavin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This review is late, but better late than never.
We stayed here overnight during the first week of June. We had a total of 2 rooms, but I can only speak of the one in which we stayed.
We had a 2nd floor room. It was clean and had plenty of room. My mother-in-law called the front desk shortly upon getting into their room, I think they wanted more towels or something. A manager came promptly with towels and extra toiletry kits.
The bed was comfortable and you could open the window for air. The complementary wifi worked just fine. We took advantage of the continental breakfast. They aren't going to win any Michelin awards, but it was good. Lots of selections.
I forgot to mention to the staff that our bathtub faucet was leaking/dripping.
The staff was nice and pleasant to work with, no complaints. The location is good, not too far from Cedar Point, and major restaurants, fast food and a Walmart are a mile or two away.
It was a nice stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sandusky, United States
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My "non-smoking" room smelled strongly of smoke and the room felt dirty overall. The bedspread looked really old and was extremely lumpy. The carpet was dirty and looked like it had not been cleaned in a long time. The internet was not good and would cut in and out. I will not stay at this hotel again. I cancelled my reservations for the following week and booked at another hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Byron R
gavin l, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sandusky-Central, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
I appreciate your candor on your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand that during your stay, the freshness of your hotel was of concern to you and that there was an unpleasant odor of smoke. We are now a 100% non-smoking hotel. Unfortunately, as much as we try to monitor this, we sometimes cannot control if a guest chooses to smoke in their room without our knowledge. However, I can very much empathize with your dissatisfaction and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I especially would like to apologize if you were inconvenienced in any way regarding our internet connection at our hotel. I assure you that we are always looking for ways to improve our guests’ satisfaction. We are currently looking at different options to increase the speed and availability of our Wi-Fi connection.

On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

Gavin
St. Louis, United States
Reviewed November 11, 2013

50% of staff very accommodating, other half of staff not accommodating in any way what so ever. Just earning their paycheck for doing little to nothing. Room was very dusty and light switches, etc were dirty; had to clean them myself.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Please accept our apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay at our property. I am so sorry that you had a bad impression of us and that you found some of our staff to lack the proper customer service skills. We try very hard to deliver a memorable guest experience to all of our guests and regret that you did not enjoy your overall stay. Along with my staff, I will take your feedback into consideration. I assure you that we will promptly follow-up on the issues you have brought up. We take your comments very seriously as it helps us continue to improve on our service and amenities.

Again, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you went through and would be more than happy to discuss this further with you. Your satisfaction is our main concern and I make myself available for any questions you should have.

gavin
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was our third trip Halloween weekend to Sandusky and we stayed at the Hampton all three times. The prices are fair the free breakfast is tasty the staff was nice the common area was great for card games etc.. We will most likely be back next year

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Beamsville, Canada
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Great location, very close to Kalahari Water Park and lots of restaurants and shopping. Good value. Comfortable rooms, comfortable beds. Very nice breakfast area, with a generous breakfast offering (great coffee). Very helpful staff.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Medina, OH
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed at this Hampton Inn as it was close to Sawmill Creek where we were attending a convention, and the price was less than the convention rate at SMC. Tack on free breakfast & Hilton Honors points & it was a no-brainer! So glad I decided the 5 min. drive was worth the savings, because this is a great little Hampton Inn! We even talked a friend into booking a room there instead of driving home.

Rooms were clean & comfortable. They provided us with a toothbrush that one of us forgot to pack, and the cookies & donut holes they set out in the afternoon & evening were very tasty! The pool was on the small side, but the area was clean. Besides some annoying kids in there at the same time, and the tiny towels they set out to use, the kids enjoyed the pool & hot tub.

The free breakfast was wonderful! Plenty to choose from and everything was fresh. Staff was helpful at all times. The heating system in the room was nice & quiet. We heard a few doors close a bit loudly, but requested top floor (3rd) so as not to hear anyone above us.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room on the top floor. Have learned my lesson in the past!