“must stay here”

Hampton Inn Sandusky-Central
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed April 29, 2013

first class accomadations, abundant quality breakfast, enthusiastic, professional staff. Cedar Point Amusement Park on Lake Erie is a great vacation spot for family, this hotel is 10 minutes or less from there. cant beat it.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Sandusky-Central

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Recently renovated. Rooms clean and smell fresh. Attentive staff. Close to highway and a variety of dining and retail outlets. Exercise equipment is limited; however, in great shape. Great experience!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Also multiple electrical problems with our room - broken outlet and broken light fixture by beds. Old, poorly maintained furniture, no desk. Not up to Hilton/Hampton standard. When left message at front desk requesting manager to call me re: Hampton 100% satisfaction guarantee, he/she did not call. Had to call corporate for satisfaction. Extremely disappointed in this hotel, especially because we stayed here a few years ago and it was nice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank tydie
gavin l, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sandusky-Central, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This hotel was quiet and very comfortable. The staff did everything possible to make our stay pleasant. The breakfast was hot and had a good variety of items available. We stayed here in the off season for Cedar Point so it wasn't real busy.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2013

When checking in the front desk didn't acknowledge my co-worker or myself Hilton Honors status. The fitness center was small and had to be accessed through the pool area. The rooms were clean. I had a problem with the shower in my first room only having two temperatures; very hot and cold. The breakfast attendant was very personable making sure to say good morning every day. I stay in a lot of these hotels. This one is at or slightly below average.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor rooms are across the hall from the pool area. Also don't stay...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
gavin l, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sandusky-Central, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent review of our neighbor Hampton property nearby at the Hampton Inn Sandusky-Milan. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that there were some issues that inconvenienced you particularly the disruptive noises that came from the train tracks. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and that we are actively looking at different options of more effectively soundproofing our property.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I booked this stay very last minute, actually I was driving here at the time. So I couldn't look at other reviews. It is a very standard Hampton Inn, it's probably seen better days but the wear and tear isn't too bad. One big negative is the train tracks right outside the hotel. I've been here a couple of hours and 3 trains have already gone by. No horns thankfully, but the hotel actually vibrates when they go past. Other than that the front desk service was OK and the room is clean.

If you are looking to stay here before going to Cedar point, it's still another 10-12 miles to the park. So it's not that convenient if you're staying over night for a multi-day visit to the park.

1  Thank Muffinhead2580
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The staff was extremely friendly. We were upgraded to a King suite from two queen beds for free. Brian was fabulous. All our small demands were respected and met with a smile. They also helped us arrange an impromptu birthday party for a friend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends