“Disappointing. Multiple partially-finished construction projects throughout hotel that do not appear to be coordinated”

Hampton Inn Sandusky-Central
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Lusby, Maryland
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Also multiple electrical problems with our room - broken outlet and broken light fixture by beds. Old, poorly maintained furniture, no desk. Not up to Hilton/Hampton standard. When left message at front desk requesting manager to call me re: Hampton 100% satisfaction guarantee, he/she did not call. Had to call corporate for satisfaction. Extremely disappointed in this hotel, especially because we stayed here a few years ago and it was nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank tydie
gavin l, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sandusky-Central, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Doylestown, Ohio
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This hotel was quiet and very comfortable. The staff did everything possible to make our stay pleasant. The breakfast was hot and had a good variety of items available. We stayed here in the off season for Cedar Point so it wasn't real busy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 9, 2013

When checking in the front desk didn't acknowledge my co-worker or myself Hilton Honors status. The fitness center was small and had to be accessed through the pool area. The rooms were clean. I had a problem with the shower in my first room only having two temperatures; very hot and cold. The breakfast attendant was very personable making sure to say good morning every day. I stay in a lot of these hotels. This one is at or slightly below average.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor rooms are across the hall from the pool area. Also don't stay...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
gavin l, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sandusky-Central, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review of our neighbor Hampton property nearby at the Hampton Inn Sandusky-Milan. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that there were some issues that inconvenienced you particularly the disruptive noises that came from the train tracks. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and that we are actively looking at different options of more effectively soundproofing our property.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.
Albany, New York
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I booked this stay very last minute, actually I was driving here at the time. So I couldn't look at other reviews. It is a very standard Hampton Inn, it's probably seen better days but the wear and tear isn't too bad. One big negative is the train tracks right outside the hotel. I've been here a couple of hours and 3 trains have already gone by. No horns thankfully, but the hotel actually vibrates when they go past. Other than that the front desk service was OK and the room is clean.

If you are looking to stay here before going to Cedar point, it's still another 10-12 miles to the park. So it's not that convenient if you're staying over night for a multi-day visit to the park.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Muffinhead2580
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The staff was extremely friendly. We were upgraded to a King suite from two queen beds for free. Brian was fabulous. All our small demands were respected and met with a smile. They also helped us arrange an impromptu birthday party for a friend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Janesville, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We received an email the day before arrival to let us know the fitness room was being rennovated. Upon arrival, renovations had been completed; however, the fitness room was located through the pool area and was very small. Room itself was clean, up-to-date, and had good amenities. Wi-fi worked well after retrieving the code from the front desk. Staff was courteous, but no one went above and beyond to ask how our stay was or if they could offer any assistance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Janice P
gavin l, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sandusky-Central, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Hello, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I was delighted to read from your review that you found your room to be clean, up-to-date and that you enjoyed our amenities. However; I was disappointed to read that we not go above and beyond to make your stay more welcoming. I can assure you that your satisfaction is our main concern and I have personally spoken to our staff so that this does not occur again. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.
Sandusky
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I was very impressed with the staff of the hotel. Very welcoming. It looked like it was recently remoled, loved the floors and color comb. The fitness room was not done, and not confortable exercising in the pool area, hot and noisy. Comfortable room, but the lumpy blanket was a distraction. Not very appealing when you walk in the room and see lumps all over the bed. Enjiyed the hot breakfast. Staff was A+

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Karen G