Hampton Inn Sandusky-Central
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Sleep Inn(Sandusky)
View Hotel
All reviewscedar pointcomplimentary breakfastpool and hot tubroom was cleankalahari water parkthe breakfast areawould definitely stay here againnice breakfastwe've stayedstaff was very friendly and helpfulpool areaup to dateconvenient locationnice staylake erieminute driveper night
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Pretty standard Hampton Inn. I have stayed here multiple times since my employer has a rate here. Even then, it is sometimes possible to do better with AAA.

The place is pretty busy, so the breakfast room is always crowded. The past few visits the “fresh baked cookies” at the front desk have been absent.

Front desk staff is hit or miss. They range from super friendly and helpful to exasperated and rude. Unfortunately, this visit I ended up with the rude one.

The room was nice and clean. Bed was very comfortable. There was a welcome back note with a bottle of water and bag of Cheetos on a table in the room. Towels were a bit on the thin side. The tub and the sink had some drainage problems. Hallway noise and sound between rooms can be a problem depending upon room location and the type of guests around you.

Elevators are slow so plan ahead if you need to meet anyone at a specific time.

It is located five to ten minutes off of the turnpike. If you continue north from the hotel you will find a large number of chain restaurants, strip malls, etc.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Took our little person to Cedar Point and stay at Hampton Inn on most trips. Did not disappoint.
Beds are constantly comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank cdomsmom
Reviewed April 7, 2012

This is a good hotel overall. The staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean. The only thing that spoiled my stay was that I cut my ankle on a piece of steel that protruded from the side of the bed.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We stayed at this Hampton Inn after having nothing less than superior customer service and fantastic hospitality at each and every Hampton Inn we've ever stayed. We were in town for a wrestling tournament and seemed to notice the majority of the fellow guests were also staying at this location, which I'm sure added to the constant slamming of the doors and hallway noise.

The front desk associate suggested a great local pizza place for dinner and we're glad he did! It was nice that he suggested local eating establishments versus offering national chains. You could tell he took pride in the local eateries.

As always, Hampton exceeds our expectations!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I would have gave this review all 5's but only one thing could have made my stay a little better is if they could have had a microwave and a refridgerator in the room. I knew there was not going to be one after reading the room description, but it could have helped. Other then that I had a great stay. When we arrived at the hotel we had rented 2 rooms, and the 2 rooms actually had a door between them so we were able to open the doors and have like one big room. We even rented these two rooms the day of our stay and it was a Saturday, so I was suprised they were able to accomodate give us two rooms right next to each other. Their staff was amazing, helpful, friendly and very personable. Their pool is open from 9am-1am, was just the right temperature and very clean, along with there huge, relaxing hot tub. Also, the beds were incredibly comfortable, clean and so soft. Overall, I would most definitely stay here again, especially if we need two rooms or more.

• Stayed: March 2012