“Great time-first time for our family at Cedar Point”

Hampton Inn Sandusky-Central
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed July 5, 2011

This was the first time we had been to Cedar Point. The hotel is located about 5 minutes from the park. Very easy to find. We checked in to the hotel late after staying until the park closed at 10. Front desk was very helpful. The pool and hot tub are open until 1:00.
We found the hotel quiet and had no problem getting a good nights rest before heading to the park in the morning. The breakfast was good.(good assortment-attendant worked hard to keep everything filled)
We would recommend this hotel. The rate is fair and we felt we received good value for the money.

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank Foursmall

Reviewed July 3, 2011

This hotel was very clean, room was great, employees at the front desk were very accommodating and nice, the breakfast was great, we were even brought a refrigerator when requested. Overall a fantastic experience and will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jan596611
Reviewed June 17, 2011

The Service was Exellant from the House Keeping to the Breakfast Buffet attendant to the front desk and the Management as well! We have stayed at many motels and hotels over the past 20 yrs. and we found this Hampton Inn Central in Sandusky Ohio to be very accomadating as well as the location which is only a 10 to 15 minute drive to the Cedar Point Amusement Park! You couldn't ask for more!! If you arent happy with this place then you need to get a camper!! The breakfast Buffet is the best we have had in years!! Thanks Again for a most enjoyable Experience!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Phil58134
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Hotel is very clean and I'm surprised by the reviewers who said otherwise, especially the one who mentioned teenagers trying to start a fire on the 3rd floor when the hotel only has 2 floors!

The rooms aren't fancy but it is a Hampton Inn and not a full scale Hilton or Embassy Suites so you're getting what you pay for.

I checked in on a 95 degree day and the air conditioner in my first
room #118 couldn't cool the room down enough so the friendly front desk staff moved my to room #220 and the AC worked great.

I mentioned the friendly front desk staff, well Jeff was friendly enough to direct me to a local park to get a run in at, Osborn Park, he actually wrote out turn-by-turn directions
on how to get there.

I'm a Hilton Diamond Member and I recommend this hotel if you're in the area and need a clean, comfortable, & reasonably priced place to stay at.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank jlm3333
Reviewed May 21, 2011

We normally stay at a B & B in Bellevue, but they were sold out. So after a horrible experience at another motel we came here, and were very pleased. The rooms were clean, staff pleasant; no great thrills, but overall very good and well worth the cost.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank resquahog
Reviewed November 21, 2010

Working for a Hilton Property I am proply a little more critical than most about the upkeep of a hotel. This property is clean and well kept, the staff was very helpful even before they knew I worked at another Hilton product. I read the reviews before I made my reservation there and yes the rooms were a little dated but still very nice. Most people don't realise the stress families put on a facality in a resort area, they are not pap and gram staying one night or the businessman there for a couple of days, so when a place like Ceder Point is open it's a battle just to keep the laundry done. The Hotel is nice and clean and all the staff was friendly and helpful, I had an enjoyable stay and will go there the next time I am in Sandusky

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank 91orion
Reviewed September 13, 2010

This is an old hotel and is not in great shape. I don't think it was originally a Hampton. let me first say that there are not a lot of good choices in Sandusky, and this may be a viable option, but keep your expectations low.

The service and the breakfast was good. Check in and our was a breeze.

The bathrooms were very old and small, with a tiny sink outside. I got the king jacuzzi room, and it was OK. The jacuzzi did not work properly, and it was hard to get the jets on or off.

The biggest disappointment I had was that there was black mold on the top of the shower ceiling. Obviously, they had a leak upstairs and housekeeping didn't notice this large mold spot. Not cool. I let them know at checkout, and they just said they would have someone look in to it.

Very basic hotel with a decent breakfast. Keep your expectations low if you choose to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple