“Samurai Steakhouse is the BEST, Bar none!!!”

Samurai Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #55 of 188 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: In a shopping plaza next to Lowe's. We have a full bar, fresh sushi, and live hibachi! Come enjoy a night out with the family or an intimate date night!
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Ben and his crew are FIRST class all the way,Great food!!Exl workers! We will tell everybody to go there,when you go to Sandusky!!!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I went out for our 3rd anniversary, We ate at the Hibatchi the food was really good and our chef was a good showman with good humor. I had steak scallops, and opted for the fried rice which is an extra charge but it's chicken fried rice and they give you three shrimp with it, can recall how much but I believe it was $3.00. I also had some hot Sake which was 8.00 for a little carafe of it. The Sake was good and they give you probably 5oz or so in the Carafe and the Hibatchi chef gave me a couple shots of his cooking Sake, squrited it right in my mouth! We had a good time and the food was very good, its a little expensive though so thats why I said its good for special occasions.

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We have five year old twins and they loved it! My husband and I loved it too!!!! I had the chicken and scallops and it was excellent! We forgot to show our kalahari room key for a 10% discount.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife requested that we eat at the Samurai Steakhouse on her birthday and I reluctantly agreed, not expecting much. The good news is I was pleasantly surprised at both the food and the service. We arrived before the rest of our party and had a drink in the bar while waiting. First surprise: I didn't have to cash out at the bar before we were allowed to carry our drinks to our dinner table! Most five star restaurants make you do this - apparently these snooty establishments haven't figured out in this age of computers how to transfer your bar bill to your dinner tab. But Samuai Steakhouse has!
Second surprise: our tableside chef put on a great show and actually seemed like he was enjoying his job. While this show may be corny to some, I found it added to our enjoyment of the meal.
Third surprise: the food was very good. Now understand that the menu in this place is never going to get rave reviews from the American Association of Cardiologists, but the fried rice and vegatables smothered in butter were wonderful. We upgraded to the filet mignon for our main course and found it very tender and delicious. We ordered it medium rare and it was done perfectly.
Fourth surprise: it is not cheap. The bill for three of us plus drinks and tip was on the wrong side of $100.
But overall well worth it. I recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank OhioEngineer
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We've been here lots of times! Food is good, sushi is good. Service is good, but one guy is always horribly slow on getting drinks every time we're there, it's not because he's busy, it's because he appears lazy in my opinion. Don't have any names, but he has lighter color hair. Other than this guy everything is great, every time! The women servers are great!! The guys are great. The sushi rolls are good, but the chef doesn't take the time to make them all cut even, presentation is not good, but I still order them. The hibachi cooks are great!!