“Pretty good food, chefs could of done more”

Samurai Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #48 of 188 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: In a shopping plaza next to Lowe's. We have a full bar, fresh sushi, and live hibachi! Come enjoy a night out with the family or an intimate date night!
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

We stopped on our trip to cedar point. The food was pretty good, but the chefs could of done more "tricks" while cooking the food. My kids lost interest quick because it was honestly a little boring!

Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

4 of us went for a sushi dinner. First off we walked in and were seated at a dirty table. Not a huge deal, but the hostess seemed surprised the table was dirty after she seat us down? Then it literally took 12 minutes for anyone to come say hi and take our drink orders. It was the bartender, who really seemed to hate his job. I uses to wait tables in college and I know its a rough job so I am always extra friendly and usually tip 25% at least. However, I found myself saying thank you and please to no response every time. Took forever for the guy to bring the drinks, soup, salad, etc.. I mean an hour and the place wasn't busy and everyone around us got their stuff quick. The sushi was served a little to warm but was fairly tasty and good portioned. However we ordered a maki spicy roll combo dinner and every roll had the fried crunchy stuff inside? Not supposed to be as we didn't order that, but we ate it anyway as it was good. The waiter never thanked us for Coming in or anything and we had to ask for all refills. Not much sushi in the area. If I am back I may give it another try with a different server as other tables were having a good time. This waiter got the lowest tip I will ever leave 10% though. The place was okay inside nothing fancy.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Great food, great fun!!! Worth the extra $ to have a family meal here. Food (especially the chicken and beef) was excellent and our servers are always very entertaining! Plenty to eat. Wine, too, was outstanding.

1  Thank Shakespeare213
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I've been to many hibachi grills around the country. Not the best, not the worst. The atmosphere is great. It's a beautiful setting, clean, and all the staff was really nice. However, I wasn't overly impressed by the food. While the cooking/show itself was very nice, the food was so so. The really bad part of the food was the veggies. As many hibachi veterns know, they light the onions on fire in a "volcano." Well, I dunno what they did, but it made all the veggies taste like gas. Not tasty at all.

Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

We've visited many hibachi restaurants and this one is above average at reasonable cost. The key is the food prep and flavor, and Samurai scored high.

We started with two regular rolls at $4 and $6. They were small but tasted great. Their special rolls are more expensive at$13, we'd like to try those next time. There is only one sushi chef and he's too busy - it took a while to arrive.

Theeals were very typical. Fried rice, veggie, free shrimps, and entree. My steak was right on. Calamari was great, too. Sauce are wonderful. One advice, I don't see anything different in tariyacki steak that's $3 extra to common steak.

Chef show is the weakest I've seen. It's not inspiring. But I'd rather be this way = more focused in preparing food.