“Great hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Dayton, Ohio
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2009

We were happy with this hotel. It was very clean, the breakfast was good and the employees pleasant. It was a little far from the ferry but worth it for the nice, clean hotel room. Only complaint, we stayed in a suite - since we have a young child - but there is not a wall between the 2 rooms so it was like 1 big room. And when his bed was out, there wasn't much room to get around it (especially in the dark!).

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2009

Stayed here for the second time in three years on our trip to Sandusky/Cedar Point.

The Fairfirld Inn Sandusky is a clean, no frills hotel which is an excellent value and and makes for a great short term stay.

We have stayed here before and would do so again.

• Stayed September 2009
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2009

After reading all of the terrible and disgusting hotel reviews in Sandusky, I came across a review that said "stop searching". So, I did. This hotel got the best reviews that I could find. I was not disappointed at all. I would say I was even excited that I chose such a great place! I usually will bring my arsenol of cleaning supplies to clean whatever we will be touching. Well, I forgot my supplies this time and I was still satisfied, and the room was even cleaner than I could have ever imagined.
When I first called to reserve the hotel, I was greeted by a nice guy. When we checked in, we were greeted by a very helpful gal, Lindsay. Later, we came to the front desk to ask for towels and directions, we were helped by Brian who went out of his way several times and even called the local go-cart track(Goofy Golf) to ask about their pricing. That night after swimming, my youngest daughter asked Brian for lotion for our room. Since the hotel no longer leaves them in the room, Brian went back to his personal stash and gave her some in a cup.
All in All, this hotel is safe, comfortable, clean, friendly and affordable. Plus, you get a great FREE breakfast with huge make yourself waffles.
You will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank bikermomof2girls
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2009

Easy check-in. The guest laundry was great- coin operated only $1 for washer and dryer. Only 10 minutes from cedar point. There are some great eating options nearby ( we visited Ruby Tuesday's twice and really enjoyed that). The breakfast was great and the pool was also nice. Housekeeping seemed prompt. Our only compliant was noisy plumbing (woke me up one night) and no mini-fridge. Overall it was a great stay for what we needed and what we paid.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
cleveland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2009

This was the first time I used trip advisor and I'm so glad I did! I had heard the horror stories about the hotels around cedar point ( for over twice as much) and just wanted to stay where my money was well spent and I wasn't grossed out!! The Fairfield was so worth the money- the hotel was clean, the staff was a quick and so nice and the general manager was overjoyed when Itold him about tripadvisor. I would say to save yourself the time of reading all the other reviews in the area and know you have some peace of mind. It was right off the highway with a starbucks on the way to cedar point! We plan on going back again before the season ends and I won't have to worry about a thing- the way it should be! Oh, and rarely do I stop by the continental breakfast, but what a beautiful display and hot fresh waffles too! Stacie- Willoughby, Ohio

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ClevelandStac
Chatham, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2009

We made our reservation at the Fairfield Sandusky through hotels.com and felt we were treated like second-class citizens as a result. For example: we checked in at 4 pm and were told there were no rollaways available. All of the other guests had already checked in? I think not. Also, I was denied points towards my Marriott membership because I used hotel.com rather than booking through the hotel itself/Marriott website.
We agree with the other posts re: breakfast area too cramped. We like to eat breakfast at the Perkins restaurant down Route 250 on the way to Cedar Point.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2009

Very nice hotel with an above average free breakfast. We had a one bedroom suite that included 2 tvs 2 beds and a pullout couch. It was very comfortable for my family of 4. Only about a 15 minute drive to Cedar Point by the shortcut (scenic) the hotel gives you directions for.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family