“Overall, wonderful experience!”

Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Chicago
“Overall, wonderful experience!”
Reviewed August 25, 2009

I was extremely satisfied with this hotel. Upon coming to the Sandusky area, I wanted to find a hotel that would fit my needs, as well as the rest of my family. Looking at other reviews, this hotel seemed like it would be the perfect fit. When I came to check in, I was greeted by the front desk clerk named Lindsey. She was extremely professional, knowledgable, and catering to our needs. I was very pleased with her because at other hotels that I have stayed, some of the front desk staff was extremely unfriendly and did not care about why I was staying at their hotel. Lindsey was very interested in why we came, and was able to make good conversation with us, especially my children. Thank you! - I also wanted to comment on the breakfast bar, sure the space was limited but the food and the staff were great. There was a gal named Kelsey who worked that morning who was very friendly and attentive to my children. She engaged in conversation with each guest that walked into the breakfast room and always had a smile on her face. Overall, it was a wonderful experience. The beds were comfortable, the rooms were clean, and the staff was great. Thank you to all.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Westborough, MA
Reviewed August 23, 2009

The demand for lodging near Cedar Point keeps the rates high -- more than I'm used to paying for a 2-star room -- but based on the Trip Advisor reviews, I thought I better spend the money or risk an unpleasant stay. This place is not fancy, but we didn't need fancy, we needed adequate, and we got it. The room and facilities were clean. The staff was unfailingly friendly, and the breakfast, which was just above standard for free Continental-style, included waffles (those new waffle machines are all the rage, and welcome when I find them), which the breakfast staff insisted on making for me, and a decent variety of food. The front desk could provide recommendations and take-out menus for a couple of locally-operated restaurants, and we weren't disappointed with Danny Boy's across the street.

Detroit
Reviewed August 20, 2009

For our trip to Cedar Point, we had considered staying at one of the on-site resorts, but after looking at the prices and reading the reviews on this site, we quickly changed plans. This hotel was the top rated in the area on Trip Advisor, so we thought we would give it a shot. We were not disappointed! It was exactly what we needed. The location was great - just a short drive to Cedar Point. Our room was clean and spacious enough, since we just needed it to sleep. The bathroom was clean and up to date. Free breakfast is included - not the best menu, but it was enough to give us some fuel to start the day! It has a small indoor pool, which our kids put to good use.

Ohio
Reviewed August 16, 2009

The Fairfield Inn was just an average hotel. Not great, not bad. The room was average size. The bathroom had some mildew on the walls. As others mentioned, the pool has way too much chlorine. Our noses burned when we jumped in. The breakfast area was too small (6-8 tables). The continental breakfast was good. Also as others mentioned, there was a daily charge for the room safe (Room S fee of $1.07) whether you use it or not.

If you want a fairly safe pick for a Sandusky hotel, the Fairfield Inn meets the need.

Pittsburgh
Reviewed August 11, 2009

We stayed here while we visited Cedar Point Amusement Park. The staff was great and rooms were extra big and clean.The only thing we found annoying is that the breaksfast area was a little bit too small. We would definately stay here again.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed August 10, 2009

This hotel is a very average facility with an unusual layout and small rooms, but the rooms were clean. What made this place better was the staff and their assistance. Brian was very helpful as well as the manager. Someone described this as a safe bet and I agree. I had the choice of this or Wolf Lodge for same price, but decided on this because I didn't feel like dealing with Wolf issues and we weren't going to be at the hotel long enough to use the park. I think next time though, the extra room in the Wolf Suites will probably suit us better.

The 'Nati
Reviewed July 27, 2009

We had 2 families stay here for 4 nights in the height of summer season. Cedar Point, Put-In-Bay, we did it all. Did much research before trip on Yahoo and TripAdvisor as to where to stay. The consensus was that this hotel was the closest to a sure thing, but you were going to pay more. The hotel was great - clean, good staff, we had no problems. It does cost more than most, but it was worth it to pay more and be able to enjoy the vacation and not worry about the hotel. I will say this - it seems that every hotel in the Sandusky area is over-priced for what you are getting (except for the indoor waterpark hotels - but those are even more.) The staff at the front desk of the Fairfield said they have people check-in the the Comfort Suites down the road, only to find out how dirty their rooms are, and then leave and come to the Fairfield. Like I said, it was clean, and full of families just like ours. I would stay there again, and if it was about $50 cheaper per night it would be ideal.

1 Thank Pedro1118